Toronto EQ Bank Tower | 105.18m | 23s | First Gulf | Sweeny &Co

Ooooh boy, that's some heavy massing.

May not be an issue once a few floors are (inevitably) lobbed off.

I counted about 24 storeys including the podium and mechanicals. Yeah, it's huge for the area. I don't like the way it dwarfs SAS.

Looks pretty cool to me. I like that it looks a bit like a crystal. Wish it wasn't blue but I appreciate the amber glass and the angular form

It looks massive!, dwarfing the neighbouring buildings, but apparently it's only 18 storeys.

Yes, I don't think this building is inappropriately huge for the neighbourhood. It looks huge because the nearby buildings are inappropriately small for the downtown of a large metropolis of 6M. I think in many cases we should stop considering whether a building is too tall/big for its surroundings, but rather whether it is suitable for our future vision of the area. This particular location is 5 minutes by transit to the CBD and the central waterfront, and it is laughable to think a 18s is "too big". If we keep comparing new proposals with the surrounding buildings which were built when Toronto was a village, then the city can never really grow, can it.

It is a nice design and totally appropriate. It is up to the nearby area to catch up with this, not the other way around.

Back