Toronto 25 Imperial | 54.31m | 14s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Redevelopment of the current 5-storey office building on Imperial Street, just west of Yonge, and may also include neighbouring properties. It's one block north of Chaplain Crescent and the Yonge/Davisville intersection.

yongeeg.jpg

Currently on site:

yongeeg2.jpg

Last edited:
I am a little surprised in a site like this that something taller isn't proposed.

It is more-or-less next to the subway station, and the rail tracks means it is a fair distance from the nearby residential, overcoming the concerns of shading.

But I won't complain, since it does feel appropriate at this height and massing.

I'm curious if they will get the proposed parking here approved. The By-Law required 177 (148 residential and 29 visitor) and they proposed 18 total (0 visitor). There is enough bicycle parking to compensate however.

Another curiosity - no office replacement at the site. The planning report seems to be arguing that OPA 231's office replacement policy is not in effect so there is no in-force City policy document requiring replacement. However, they have included 14 live-work units as part of the unit mix that together are about 50% of the replaced office space GFA.

I feel like there is enough in there to give City Planning a few arguments for opposing this proposal.

Also it looks as though Dream is partnering with Plaza on this project.

Last edited:
LOL. The new elementary school and community centre will have more underground parking than that. When developers have better climate policy then the city and the school board…

LOL. The new elementary school and community centre will have more underground parking than that. When developers have better climate policy then the city and the school board…
Based on the ESG stuff that I have seen from the Pension Funds and LifeCos and some of the bigger, more established developers, I would not be surprised if that was exactly the case regarding sustainability policy (and measured outcomes) when it comes to real assets.

The fact is, these days a lot of investment capital in these projects now demand that there be sustainability outcomes, either because it is cost-effective, they have charter or corporate obligations to meet, or because they genuinely believe in it.

New renderings are updated in the database. The overall unit count changed from 144 units to 143 units. Finally, the total parking space count changed from 18 parking to 0 parking.

Renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning:

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2022-9.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2022-10.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2022-12.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 20  2022-13.jpg

Back