Toronto 2485 Eglinton Ave West | 150.6m | 46s | Cityzen | gh3

I’m at a loss for words, been askin myself this for awhile. I don’t know. You let me know when you find out because I am so irretreivably angry at city hall.

Don’t know that city hall is to blame here. Though, yeah - I agree that the quality of our waterfront buildings and the ground level experience is pretty sub-par and a wasted opportunity in general.

I’m at a loss for words, been askin myself this for awhile. I don’t know. You let me know when you find out because I am so irretreivably angry at city hall.

Have to chime in w/ @allengeorge above, the City is actually precluded from the considering aesthetics when making approvals under provincial law.

Your anger would be better directed at Queen's Park in that regard.

In contemporary times, we could achieved more on some of the Queen's Quay East sites, particularly where land was previously public ownership. That said, the deals made largely fall under the auspices of Waterfront Toronto. Whose overall track record is pretty good; but who definitely missed w/the Corus building and at the Innovation Centre.

On the design here, like Partisans, Gh3 has produced some very appealing architecture in the last few years, at the proposal stage.

Offhand, however, I can think of one of those having reached construction, never mind completion*. So I would be cautious in any excitement here.

* There are completed Gh3 projects, but none are the ones that have really attracted raves.

Nordic's stucco cladding on Wilson is disappointing to say the least. This could end up even worse.

Partisans fulfils that pent up desire for structurally expressive designs. I just don't find them that good.

The skyscraper heights being proposed here are insane and the city and province own that.

Last edited:

Back