Toronto 245 Queen Street East | 94.3m | 25s | ONE Properties | Graziani + Corazza

queensherbourne_aug2018-01.jpg

queensherbourne_aug2018-02.jpg

queensherbourne_aug2018-03.jpg

queensherbourne_aug2018-04.jpg

queensherbourne_aug2018-05.jpg

source

Attachments

• queensherbourne_aug2018-05.jpg
    queensherbourne_aug2018-05.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 1,017
  • queensherbourne_aug2018-04.jpg
    queensherbourne_aug2018-04.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 1,231
  • queensherbourne_aug2018-03.jpg
    queensherbourne_aug2018-03.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 1,004
  • queensherbourne_aug2018-02.jpg
    queensherbourne_aug2018-02.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 1,311
  • queensherbourne_aug2018-01.jpg
    queensherbourne_aug2018-01.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 1,241
The facadectomies along Queen make me cringe. I still agree that the renderings are the best so far.

This looks better. Not perfect, but better. It's about time Queen and Sherbourne area get cleaned up. It's depressing.

Sorry but isn’t thee supose to be a 37s tower for this project. Why just podium/ground renders? Odd. Typo?

This looks better. Not perfect, but better. It's about time Queen and Sherbourne area get cleaned up. It's depressing.
It is about time and there’s no doubt Queen and Sherbourne is seriously depressing. But how can the area ever really change with such a concentration of rooming houses, homeless shelters, pop-up safe injection sites, and social service agencies?

It is about time and there’s no doubt Queen and Sherbourne is seriously depressing. But how can the area ever really change with such a concentration of rooming houses, homeless shelters, pop-up safe injection sites, and social service agencies?

I figure some or all will have to go. At some point this area has to be cleaned up. I pass by it often. It is the most depressing area downtown.

It will change by adding an influx of new residents. More eyes on the street, more customers for new businesses, etc.

I figure some or all will have to go. At some point this area has to be cleaned up. I pass by it often. It is the most depressing area downtown.

Maybe some rooming houses will go, but the services will stay. As they should. They have to go somewhere, and east downtown is where the clients are.

But how can the area ever really change with such a concentration of rooming houses, homeless shelters, pop-up safe injection sites, and social service agencies?

You should have seen Sherbourne and King/Adelaide/Richmond in the early 1990's. Not a place you wanted to be after-hours. Today with the influx of condos and offices it's perfectly fine. This project will do the same for Queen and Sherbourne.

It will change by adding an influx of new residents. More eyes on the street, more customers for new businesses, etc.

Maybe some rooming houses will go, but the services will stay. As they should. They have to go somewhere, and east downtown is where the clients are.

No issue with the services. But shelter after shelter, after shelter, after shelter is not good for anyone (including the people that need help).

I also lived at King and Parliament (hence the name) hop and a skip away from King/Sherbourne. It's great.

You should have seen Sherbourne and King/Adelaide/Richmond in the early 1990's. Not a place you wanted to be after-hours. Today with the influx of condos and offices it's perfectly fine. This project will do the same for Queen and Sherbourne.

Wasn't that bad even then, remember the Montreal Bistro?

Sigh, for a good jazz club.

Back