Toronto Freed Hotel & Residences | 219m | 63s | Freed | AS + GG

No sign of marketing for this one yet........ but.....

1683832639424.png

Man, the club district used to be pretty damn wild back in the early aughts.
Nothing comparable to that type of entertainment district era nightlife currently exists in Toronto anymore, right?
If you saw the racist Barbie video from King and Portland from this past weekend, nightlife is still alive and kicking. It's just different and more distributed now.

If you saw the racist Barbie video from King and Portland from this past weekend, nightlife is still alive and kicking. It's just different and more distributed now.
Oh damn, yes, I unfortunately did see that total disaster of a person 🤦‍♂️
I meant more like having a shit-ton of nightclubs and bars side by side for blocks type of thing. Like how Richmond and Adelaide were basically lined with them at the time.

Yep, that's a thing of the past - I'm not so sure that's terrible - it was a very derelict area during the daytime - not that that element has necessarily improved a lot :( But that's a different matter.

Yes so has the sushi place, that entire block is dead now and so is Adelaide for the most part.
Damn, I remember in the early 2000's when Richmond and Adelaide west were busy as all hell and the entertainment district was just that, full of entertainment (well, bars and clubs).
Sad to hear how dead it is now.

Man, the club district used to be pretty damn wild back in the early aughts.

It's really sad. For a time I believe we had the densest concentration of nightclubs in North America. Also the 2nd biggest drum n' bass scene in the world.

This map from ClubCrawlers.com in 2004 is a good throwback.

downtownmap.gif

Back