Toronto Freed Hotel & Residences | 219m | 63s | Freed | AS + GG

Merry Christmas

AS+GG

Render1.png

Render2.png

This is... odd. The ground floor makes no real sense, with a 1,000sft retail space and large shared lobby between both Res and Office. Then there is a parking elevator to bring cars to the parking level, but it only goes 1 level down to a more traditional ramp system, which is extremely inefficient servicing only 14 spaces a level. for 6 levels!

Then you have the renderings flipping around Mirvish+Gehry for no apparent reason, a 2.2m north setback, which I'm fairly certain doesn't even achieve code required window setbacks from the condo to the north, oddly short floor-floor heights, especially for what otherwise points to be a very high end building, and more stuff. Wonder what's going on here. Looks rather rushed to me.

...or we could still have a shorter building with a pointy top.

Thus, the height's final conclusion should have little bearing on the design element proposed for its top currently. Other factors for squaring off the top may come into play though. So I'm not holding my breath here outside of brazen hope until all is said and done.

Database file established and attached at the top of the Forum pages, thread title enhanced.

The database includes larger versions of the renderings, and this new one:

43837-129436.jpg

…and this close-up of the ground realm

43837-129440.jpg

Go enjoy exploring the database file!

Love the ground plane corner treatment. Soft landing, somewhat unique for Toronto's current cycle.

Back