Toronto LNX Residences at Bloor and Dundas | 87.5m | 27s | Lormel Homes | Richmond Architects

Feb 16
Using Shoring for the crash barrier wall. Excavation was taking place when I was there.
33255199098_49ae3ed6a9_b.jpg

46216403505_29df127a48_b.jpg

47130693451_2e0762698d_b.jpg

Reactions: PMT
Residential highrise intensification is likely at some point in the future, although I can't really speculate on an expected timeline. If it were to happen, I think it's important that a grocery store returns, whether it's Freshco or something else, along with other major retail amenities.

The Chairtex factory building just north of Shoppers has also been vacant seemingly forever. In 2010 there was a sale to clear out some of the stuff inside of it, and some work done to secure it and keep the elements out (I think)..... But I'm surprised it has sat empty for so long. I thought there was a residential conversion proposal there too, approx 10-15 years ago as well.

The Chairtex factory building just north of Shoppers has also been vacant seemingly forever. In 2010 there was a sale to clear out some of the stuff inside of it, and some work done to secure it and keep the elements out (I think)..... But I'm surprised it has sat empty for so long. I thought there was a residential conversion proposal there too, approx 10-15 years ago as well.

Shame that building has remained vacant for so long. If not residential, then I think it would make for good work studio or art space.

20191220_164816.jpg

Funny / sad because if located more centrally and with a couple million in renovations, an owner could easily pull $35-45 net on these three buildings. I wonder what rents are this far out for the same (unrenovated) stock...

This is happening just across the tracks, so there's definitely some market for that kind of space in the area. Plus these buildings have the advantage of being closer to the future mobility hub.

Back