Toronto 2347 Eglinton East | ?m | ?s | TAS

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
In my travels today, I noticed that a long stretch of stores in a strip plaza along Eglinton Avenue East just west of Kennedy were all boarded up.

Upon reviewing the Building Permit Status Page, I find 2 demolition applications for this strip.

1615853441123.png

1615853467364.png

This streetview from October 2020, shows the extent of the pending applications:

1615853669894.png

There do not appear to be any pending applications for Zoning or SPA in the Application Information Centre.

In my travels today, I noticed that a long stretch of stores in a strip plaza along Eglinton Avenue East just west of Kennedy were all boarded up.

Upon reviewing the Building Permit Status Page, I find 2 demolition applications for this strip.

View attachment 306034

View attachment 306035

This streetview from October 2020, shows the extent of the pending applications:

View attachment 306037

There do not appear to be any pending applications for Zoning or SPA in the Application Information Centre.

NL this is where my Dentist is. They are the black section in the middle with tooth. He owns both his section and the apartment above. The best guess me or my family have is that he is waiting for a good price before selling to the developers.

He is the only thing left standing so my guess is he is holding out for a golden handshake. He's around retirement age anyway (we have been going to him for 27 years and he was in business prior) so he probably just wants to cash out.

Nothing will happen to the site as long as he remains and we have not heard anything yet about closure or relocation.

NL this is where my Dentist is. They are the black section in the middle with tooth. He owns both his section and the apartment above. The best guess me or my family have is that he is waiting for a good price before selling to the developers.

He is the only thing left standing so my guess is he is holding out for a golden handshake. He's around retirement age anyway (we have been going to him for 27 years and he was in business prior) so he probably just wants to cash out.

Nothing will happen to the site as long as he remains and we have not heard anything yet about closure or relocation.
His unit would have been a holdout.

For now, I'm putting this here, as this is where I filed the demolition application.

Report recommending approval to demolish the units in this plaza from 2375-2381 Eglinton Avenue East (east of @Richard White 's dentist!

4 Units

There is no zoning/or other application for a new building.

However, the correspondence reveals the thought process.

View attachment 327078

Huh.. I thought they were all one strip mall at the same address. I never realized it was all made up of individually addressed properties.

TAS has registered to lobby in regards to 2347-2369 Eglinton East; the most westerly portion of this strip plaza.

Located in Ionview neighbourhood in the burgeoning Greater Golden Mile, this is a former retail strip plaza typical of Eglinton Avenue East. The vacant site is extremely well-connected, with access to the Kennedy Subway Station, Kennedy GO Station and the future Eglinton East LRT, scheduled to be completed this year.

TAS intends to develop a purpose-built rental building with an affordable housing component, public realm improvements and community-serving commercial ground floor. We see this as an incredible opportunity to contribute community benefits in the Greater Golden Mile and advance TAS’s vision of inclusive, transit-oriented development.

Community and stakeholder engagement is taking place in Fall 2022, with a focus on listening and learning from the local community.

Take our online survey and share your thoughts!

"TAS intends to develop a purpose-built rental building with an affordable housing component" ✅

The survey linked above in @AlbertC 's post is also good.

It solicits the typical feedback one might expect to solicit from the community, seeing if development/height will draw blowback.........

But it also leaves actual space for input on how this development/TAS may be able to help the community.

TAS has a vacant former retail strip mall site at 2347 to 2369 Eglinton Avenue E. and Kennedy Road in Scarborough near the Kennedy Toronto Transit Commission and GO Transit stations and a future Eglinton Crosstown light rail transit stop.

It intends to develop a purpose-built rental building with an affordable housing component, public realm improvements and a commercial ground floor.

Morray Investments Ltd. is a partner on the project and initial development applications will be made to municipal officials soon.

Back