Toronto 2323 Yonge | 133.6m | 37s | RioCan | DIALOG

ferusian

Member Bio
Reaction score
2323 YONGE ST
Ward 12 - Tor & E.York District

Development Applications

Zoning By-law Amendment application to facilitate the development of the site for a 37-storey mixed use building comprised of 7,506.10 square metres of non-residential gross floor area and 23,240 square metres of residential gross floor area. A total of 380 residential dwelling units are proposed.

The site is co-owned RioCan & Streamliner Properties and is currently home to an 8-storey office building & a single storey retail building

1592459846965.png

Site context:

1592460487178.png

Last edited:
I really want a window wall that cladding.

I grew up eating hot dogs on the steps of that building as I was foolishly skipping classes at NTCI.
Does the old guy dressed like an urban cowboy still hang out on those steps?

Going to be really sad if we lose this building as well as the one at 1200 Bay. They're very similar and both worth protecting. The city should be proactive about protecting this important architectural era. Breaks my heart that we might lose both of these — the sculpting of the concrete is incredible and nothing like it will likely ever be done again. Now we just snap together spandrel and mullions.

Seems that older office buildings under 10 storeys tall are increasingly becoming targets for densification.

Oh no, this is a rather iconic building for me. One that I think we would have appreciated as heritage in retrospect.

It's too bad that local councillors are more invested in designating random 1920s cookie-cutter houses and beat-up retail strips as heritage instead of buildings like this.

Back