Toronto 2313 Lake Shore Boulevard West | ?m | ?s

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Etobicoke's waterfront just keeps growing........http://goo.gl/maps/WF3rB

2313 LAKE SHORE BLVD W
Ward 06 - Etob. York District

Proposed amendments to the City's Zoning By-laws to permit the development of a 25-storey residential apartment building. Two existing 10-storey rental residential apartment building will remain.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 14 255236 WET 06 OZ Nov 21, 2014 Under Review

first development in Mimico.. Interesting. I thought the row of aparments along the lake were largely supposed to be ripped down.

Second if you include Eleven Superior, but yes, the first redevelopment plan for one of these rentals which do their best to not even address the lake they sit on. I take it that this will be built at the back of the site close to the water.

There's also a huge redevelopment proposed for the south side of Mimico where the Waterfront Trail moves off the lake and back to Lake Shore Blvd, but that one hasn't really progressed in a year or so.

This is the Shoreline Towers site. Decent rental buildings so no need to rip them down. I assume they're building over the parking lot fronting the lake.

That's good - the Shoreline Towers are the only ones in the area with any sort of character.

Looks like these condos will be put where the current surface parking lots are for the apartments to the north. Since the apartments are staying, where will the parking be for the tenants as they dig the parking lots up for the foundation. I'm assuming that once finished, there will be underground parking for both the condos and the old apartments.

Is my assumption correction?

If this 25 storey building is approved it will leave my children, and I homeless. There is no way it will be a livable situation. The buildings in existence already are in rough shape, and obviously the owner has no incentive to maintain them if he is going to get rich off of building condos.

Is this project likely to happen in the near future? Looks like there was no activity in years...

Is this project likely to happen in the near future? Looks like there was no activity in years...
No. There has been no movement since the initial application to the City in 2014 and a subsequent appeal to the OMB in 2015, which appears to have been dismissed for it being considered an incomplete application.

No. There has been no movement since the initial application to the City in 2014 and a subsequent appeal to the OMB in 2015, which appears to have been dismissed for it being considered an incomplete application.

The LPAT appeal was an appeal of the "incomplete application" status that the city presumably issued the application when it was submitted in 2014. the file number, MM150003, indicates it's not a standard appeal (which get PL numbers). MMs are reserved for appeals of more unusual things, like a non-complete status or the planning application fee that is deemed required. The appeal was likely dismissed whenever it was deemed complete.

The LPAT appeal here of the actual application is still active from my understanding, though obviously not moving very fast given the timeline involved. I believe it's integrated into the appeals of the Mimico-By-The-Lake Secondary Plan.

Last edited:

Back