Toronto 2280 Dundas West | 127.5m | 38s | Choice Properties | Hariri Pontarini

With a subway, UP and commute trains stopping in the same location. You think they would intensify that area with higher condos and larger commercial office space ! There's even talks of an underground highway that will exit out in that location to boot !

Don't forget it's also the terminus for 2 major streetcar lines (504 and 505), the busy 40 Junction bus, and the Railpath, and in the future the western end of the DRL. If anything, these residential towers should be 50 storeys and higher.

My fantasy would be to have a public street to the south of the site with an underpass that eventually connects to Perth in the Lower Junction site but I don't assume that's a problem neither property owners are interested in solving.

Capture.PNG

Obviously moving the school to the south side of the site is the right move. I'd probably not have minded if they moved it to southeast corner backing onto the tracks.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    957.9 KB · Views: 607
To Automation Gallery about underground highway

I heard a few months ago on City News that private developers want to build the longest underground highway in the world . It will be about 62 kilometers long highway start in Scarborough then run downtown and exit in three areas highways 400, 403 and 401. You can view this on youtube under ( Is an underground toll highway coming to Toronto)
If anyone knows how to post the video on this blog that would be great thanks !

To Automation Gallery about underground highway

I heard a few months ago on City News that private developers want to build the longest underground highway in the world . It will be about 62 kilometers long highway start in Scarborough then run downtown and exit in three areas highways 400, 403 and 401. You can view this on youtube under ( Is an underground toll highway coming to Toronto)

You sure that wasn't posted on the 1st day of April...hehe:p

Easy to post video @cd concept. When replying click on the "film" icon.

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at Thursday Apr 12, 2018 2.49.16 PM.png

Film icon in the middle.
Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at Thursday Apr 12, 2018 2.49.22 PM.png

Put the url in and then post the reply.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at Thursday Apr 12, 2018 2.49.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at Thursday Apr 12, 2018 2.49.22 PM.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 436
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at Thursday Apr 12, 2018 2.49.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at Thursday Apr 12, 2018 2.49.16 PM.png
    20 KB · Views: 443
Screen-Shot-2017-12-20-at-8.07.48-AM-1024x575.png

This is the best I can do to show you the proposal . One of the areas to exit out of the tunneled highway under the tracks is Bloor St as shown in the picture.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2017-12-20-at-8.07.48-AM-1024x575.png
    Screen-Shot-2017-12-20-at-8.07.48-AM-1024x575.png
    198 KB · Views: 627
Yes that's the video! Watch that get done faster than the proposed subways. When you get the private investors involved.

Less than not a chance in hell that gets built. Pure, unbridled, anachronistic Moses-Muskian absurdist fantasy. Dumber than Doug Ford. Deader than Rob.

Less than not a chance in hell that gets built. Pure, unbridled, anachronistic Moses-Muskian absurdist fantasy. Dumber than Doug Ford. Deader than Rob.

The way they want to intensify the population in Toronto they might have to. I've seen many proposals on metrolinx showing not only this proposal on this rail line. But the smart track and the relief line subway connecting to the Bloor subway and moving northward to the airport .
The way I see it the Junction Triangle area is going to become another major transportation hub. So this area should be intensified even more than what it is planned for!

My fantasy would be to have a public street to the south of the site with an underpass that eventually connects to Perth in the Lower Junction site but I don't assume that's a problem neither property owners are interested in solving.
Good idea, and one both the city and the property owner are interested in solving, but unfortunately the townhouse development on the other side of the tracks doesn't leave room for it. In fact, there isn't even room for a (much-needed) pedestrian bridge over the tracks here. A failure of planning, IMO.

Good idea, and one both the city and the property owner are interested in solving, but unfortunately the townhouse development on the other side of the tracks doesn't leave room for it. In fact, there isn't even room for a (much-needed) pedestrian bridge over the tracks here. A failure of planning, IMO.
Yeah, I was about to answer @Avenue 's original post on that. A bridge was in the initial plan (a tunnel had been proposed prior to that, but was problematic for a number of reasons, not least the logistics of interrupting a very busy rail corridor to do it) but the "angle" of the proposed bridge was also problematic. It's a bit of a lame out, as the "angle" was obvious from the get-go. It may have been that the span length was too long and thus needed more supports to make it happen. If I'm at the next meeting, I'll press them on it. There are also changes to Castlepoint's plans on the east side of the tracks, and surely the City and even Metrolinx must be pushing for connecting across the tracks to tie in the Lansdowne/Bloor GO station, and Castlepoint themselves to Loblaws.

There's a very good case for a bridge or tunnel across the tracks. A tunnel could even be bored without interrupting the rail traffic, it's done in other jurisdictions for this purpose, not sure on the regs in Canada's case. The regulating body for that would be TC.

Why does the city not address these things before giving approvals to these high density track side neighbourhoods?
East Liberty Village- King Street West,
Queen West Neighbourhood- West Liberty Village, etc.etc. etc.
This is where they should be building Rail Deck parks not Front and Spadina

Last edited:

Back