Toronto 2221 Yonge Condos | 192.62m | 58s | Tower Hill | Pei Partnership

The plaza on the west side of Mount Pleasant, south of Eglinton, between the Briton House retirement home and the school at the corner of Mount Pleasant and Eglinton, is also slated for redevelopment - which is why the Shoppers moved to their new site on the east side of Mount Pleasant. It looks like the timeframe for the anticipated redevelopment was stretched out though, as new leases have been signed for at least some of the retail properties involved.

That has that chicken place in it right !

Yea I was really hoping it would be redeveloped but then I saw new retail tenants ...

They missed the boat they should have launched 2 years ago when they had the chance !

2221 Yonge

I'm sure there is a thread for this but I couldn't find it.

2251051D-7CEE-49BA-A782-6706038F52DF-459-00000052CDD2BC21.jpg

FA4678E1-79C9-48C6-A855-05D53F9A6995-459-000000539D0AB1F0.jpg

5C97573C-085D-4919-AC2A-6427C6892895-459-000000543C48FE3B.jpg

Last edited:
Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4S 2B4

Ward 22: St. Paul's

Application#: 13 139582 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 25, 2013

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Multiple Projects

Description: Proposal to convert existing personal grooming establishment to a temporary sales centre with interior alterations (82.34m2) and exterior recladding (11.58m2) on the ground floor of existing mixed-use building.

Prelim report: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.TE24.39

Summary
This application proposes to redevelop the subject site at 2221 Yonge Street. The site is currently occupied by a 6-storey office building which is proposed to be demolished to allow construction of a 56-storey condominium with commercial uses at grade. A total of 560 residential units are proposed with an 8-level underground garage containing 306 parking spaces. All vehicular access for cars and loading is proposed to occur from the existing public lane to the east at the rear of the site.

The total gross mixed use floor area is 40,387 square metres which is approximated 20.4 times the lot area.

This report provides preliminary information on the above-noted application and seeks Community Council's directions on further processing of the application and on the community consultation process.

In the opinion of staff, the tower component (particularly the tower setbacks to the north property line) does not comply with the intent of the Design Criteria for the Review of Tall Buildings Proposals. However, staff recommend holding a community consultation meeting to seek input from the local community on the proposal. Issues raised at that meeting and discussions with adjacent property owners will assist staff in determining the nature and the extent of revisions that would be required for this application to fit within its existing and planned local context.

If the applicant submits revised plans (in a timely manner), which are better suited for this site, a final report could be targeted for a Public Meeting in the final quarter of 2013.

The staggering effects on the balconies are so subtle they'd may as well not even bother.

^ LOL ...lots of artistic license on that rendering

Who knew we had green space on the northeast corner! Must have been newly installed since my last visit yesterday afternoon.

Who knew we had green space on the northeast corner! Must have been newly installed since my last visit yesterday afternoon.

You see that a lot with condo marketing and I have not understood it. Would you not want to show off that you are in the middle of it all. Some look like they are in the middle of a field.

That's such a banal-looking building. I suppose that it at least replaces an even more banal mid-rise, so there's that. But I'll miss not having the Quesada for lunches.

Pathetic. Whoever designed this should be arrested and be put in a padded room that has a picture of this building on the walls. When he finally see's his idiocy, he can have his sentence shortened by 3 years.

Honestly, are those air conditioner units side by side or is that a balcony? And what about that base? The paving on the street looks better than the damn building. :mad:

Back