Toronto 217 Adelaide West | 103.5m | 23s | Humbold Properties | Adamson

Ya this one has style, so based on what has been approved over the years, this...it won’t get approved. It’s not bland it’s not green glass.. it’s not an eye soar. Nor does it scream I match everything else in the city. It’s a stand out render of what could be. But won’t be. We all know this And anything like it won’t see the light of day. But glade to be proven wrong come April May ish. ?

Ya this one has style, so based on what has been approved over the years, this...it won’t get approved. It’s not bland it’s not green glass.. it’s not an eye soar. Nor does it scream I match everything else in the city. It’s a stand out render of what could be. But won’t be. We all know this And anything like it won’t see the light of day. But glade to be proven wrong come April May ish. ?
No, we do not all know this. LPAT decisions have nothing whatsoever to do with "style". They do not even look at it, they only consider planning parameters. That's it.

Ah, could you please point out other similar projects that have been approved and built with in or around the heart of the city?

Ah, could you please point out other similar projects that have been approved and built with in or around the heart of the city?
These buildings likely predate the tall building guidelines.
Something that I often think is overlooked is setbacks. Not a lot of room for setbacks in this case. Not quite sure why the renderings don't depict the surrounding properties accurately. Have the other towers adjacent been proposed?

some new renders by Kirkor

Looks great. If they can build this with either curtainwall or full-height window wall and the different shades of red spandrel make it fruition, I think it will turn out excellent.

Awful and out of place between 2 brick podiumed towers.
Needs more reflection of the heritage in the neighborhood

Back