Toronto 217 Adelaide West | 103.5m | 23s | Humbold Properties | Adamson

Looks more confident and coherent than the last iteration. Love those curves. Hope it gets done and that they do justice to it with superb materials.

Yay. Finally something that looks elegant. Of course, none of that matters. It's just a rendering.

I'm stupid drunk on the colour. The curves are beyond secondary.

Currently, I drive to work on the Gardiner and every morning I'm greeted with the saddest sight in architecture as I come up the slope east of Dufferin: the bland, drab, greyness that is most of our skyline. It's enough to make me want to turn around and get back in bed some days, to be honest. Not a very welcoming sight.

I'm stupid drunk on the colour. The curves are beyond secondary.

Currently, I drive to work on the Gardiner and every morning I'm greeted with the saddest sight in architecture as I come up the slope east of Dufferin: the bland, drab, greyness that is most of our skyline. It's enough to make me want to turn around and get back in bed some days, to be honest. Not a very welcoming sight.

I'm not going to base a design simply by its colour. The red are just accents. The rest of the facade is the same Low E stuff as every other project. Five years form now, we may all be drinking red whine. That's how it goes. One project uses red and than everyone uses red accents. I can think of more projects with red accents than all the other colours combined. There's a lot of available colours too. i'm going to assume the glass isn't really red here. It's a red vinyl film applied to it.

All I'm saying is that this town could use some colour. I don't care if it's red or green (a real vivid green, not dull treatment that has been used). The vast majority of what has been built in the last decade and a half is dull, grey, and depressing.

Thing about colour is that everyone clamours for it but once you get it, people often balk at it. It's so subjective. The same single colour in a glass or cladding can elicit completely different reactions from a host of people - everything from "I love it" to "WTF were they thinking." Colour is extremely powerful stuff. It's going to get reactions, both bad and good - especially whenever it's vibrant.

I'd still rather see more experimentation with colour in this city, however. Just saying it can make for unpredictable and controversial results.

I'm simply on colour because the grey sameness of most of what has been recently built is honestly depressing and looks terrible for the most part (which, admittedly, is not just a function of a lack of colour). I'll take visually jarring use of colour at this point just to keep my brain from shutting down when I look around.

It'd be better to have too much controversy in this respect than too much blandness (which is what we're stuck with at the moment).

Wow !! This development has the little twist that this area needs ! Love the different tones of red for the spandrel areas. What would really make it stand out if the windows were not clear. But to have a reflective mirror look with a height of 60 storeys to boot to show off it's beauty !

I'm simply on colour because the grey sameness of most of what has been recently built is honestly depressing and looks terrible for the most part (which, admittedly, is not just a function of a lack of colour). I'll take visually jarring use of colour at this point just to keep my brain from shutting down when I look around.

It'd be better to have too much controversy in this respect than too much blandness (which is what we're stuck with at the moment).

I just don't find things as depressing as you simply because I don't look at the sameness. I look at things individually than as a sum. Colour can define architecture. Understanding colour is what makes architects, chefs, artists, etc. stars. I don't see anything like that here. It's just some random red accent stripes. All it is is just a little different.

Curves or not, this isn't a real project. It's an upzoning exercise that's been costlier and taken far longer than the proponents initially expected.

Funny to see it halved in size - getting desperate?

Back