Toronto 2157 Lake Shore Boulevard West | 49.35m | 13s | Stay Inn Hospitality | Arcadis

They're kidding themselves aren't they. Does planning really think they'll get 25m here? I'm sure that would blend in perfectly with the rest of the ~150m+ tall buildings in the area that they already allowed to seep into the neighborhood..

They're kidding themselves aren't they. Does planning really think they'll get 25m here? I'm sure that would blend in perfectly with the rest of the ~150m+ tall buildings in the area that they already allowed to seep into the neighborhood..
It's the adjacency to Lake Shore that makes them want lower buildings along the road: they envision a pedestrian scale shopping street here in the future… but Lake Shore is wide enough here that 5 storeys seems ridiculously low to me, and a 13-storey building is much shorter than the 50-storey ones nearby, so yeah, I'm not so sure that Planning will be able to sell their short vision at the LPAT, especially as a rapid transit station will in a few short years be about 300 metres away.

Their rationale doesn't make any sense to me. Wouldn't it have been more reasonable to have developments with bigger setbacks from the podium if that's what they were envisioning? Think similar to the Clover on Yonge development but with an even larger setback.

Truthfully I dont think City Planning knew what they wanted to accomplish with the entire area from the early onset of things.

Community engagement website:

lak1.JPG
lak2.JPG
lak3.JPG

That'll fit in perfectly on this block:

1604402943582.png

:rolleyes:

New rendering updated in the database! There are many changes to the project information. The overall building height decreased from 50.60m to 47.85m. The total storey count remains the same at 13 storeys. The total unit count decreased from 165 units to 154 units. Finally, the total parking count increased from 44 parking spaces to 46 parking spaces.

The rendering is taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning Submission:

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 26  2021-1.jpg

Glad to see this advancing…

…and it's a strong indication that if owners of the other neighbouring commercial blocks lining this side of Lake Shore wanted to apply for more than the 5 storeys that they are currently zoned for, the City seems amenable to that. Good! Relative to the heights of the other buildings in the area, 5 storeys is peanuts (and no guarantee of human scale in the ground realm design — that needs to be worked into the schemes no matter what height the buildings rise to).

I'd want the extra metre along the Lake Shore sidewalk as well… while it's interesting that they aren't rejecting 13 storeys outright where they'd prefer 7, really just asking for more articulation and greater step-backs. It'd like to see something of this scale go ahead here, but more work on the design would not be amiss.

There is a legal dispute, attributed in part to the proponents of development at this address concerning Development Charges, which is ongoing with the City.

The matter went before the then LPAT a few years back and was subsequently appealed to Divisional Court, which ruled on the dispute in January.

Now, both the City and the opposing litigants appear set to appeal again.

I don't wonder if both will spend more legal fees than the underlying matters justify.....

Interesting read for those in the industry.

Back