Toronto 2150 Lake Shore | 215.75m | 67s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

The waterfront LRT is of this point in time being studied to be extended to parklawn, so there will be good transit here to support density. There is also a ferry option being studied as well as a GO station as you know.
Problem is, all of the transit that you're alluding to are being currently being studied with no funding attached to them (with the exception of the Park Lawn GO station). In other words, they are in transit fantasy land until the city gets serious about funding them.

The funny thing is, it's looking like the Waterfront East LRT is closer to being built at the point, compared to the Waterfront West LRT. But that's how things go in this city, build projects in areas that dont need rapid transit at this moment while areas which desperately need it continue to starve.

From their website... https://www.alliesandmorrison.com/projects/2150-lake-shore

Process
One of the largest in the city, this is a long-term project that will take many years to realise. In late 2019, an Official Plan Application was submitted to the City of Toronto, detailing the proposals following extensive stakeholder engagement. The project is intended to be delivered in six phases with the first phase anticipated for approval and construction start in 2024. Estimated completion for the new Lake Shore GO train station is 2026.
Humber Bay.jpg

Last edited:
Problem is, all of the transit that you're alluding to are being currently being studied with no funding attached to them (with the exception of the Park Lawn GO station). In other words, they are in transit fantasy land until the city gets serious about funding them.

The funny thing is, it's looking like the Waterfront East LRT is closer to being built at the point, compared to the Waterfront West LRT. But that's how things go in this city, build projects in areas that dont need rapid transit at this moment while areas which desperately need it continue to starve.

I (and probably most people) agree that transit in this area is terrible and that such density deserves rapid transit and not just a regional transit station.

We have been talking how horrible transit is in almost every new development thread in this area, so I think that it would be a good idea to have a designated thread to discuss transit in South Etobicoke/South Swansea/Queensway.

When it comes to the ferry, I wouldn't mind having a direct link to the Toronto Central Island from HBS :)

I think one of the problems with the ferry is that there's no good place for it to dock near Union, IIRC. Another was that the capacity would be fairly low (significantly less than BRT, IIRC)

"Automation Gallery, post: The project is intended to be delivered in six phases with the first phase anticipated for approval and construction start in 2024. Estimated completion for the new Lake Shore GO train station is 2026.

I was wondering which buildings are they going to build first in 2024 there's so many ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting thanks ! l love to see some more information on this because there's 6 phases ! And the second phase also shows at least 4 condo not included in what you've written in that phase. Could that be part of phase 3 etc?

I dont mind the long drawn out completion date. I'd rather have a well thought out and phased development approach that will bring quality, rather then a rushed hacked up approach that can pretty much describe the rest of the developments in Humber Bay Shores.

For instance, I sure as hell wouldnt want to see another mess of a project like Omni's Westlake take place just to have a quicker completion.

I read the discussion about traffic at HBS at about 4PM today and thought I would check things out. I stood up from my laptop and looked out the window at the intersection of Lake Shore and Park Lawn. There were fifteen eastbound cars at the lights on Lake Shore and four on Park Lawn headed north. That doesn’t seem too bad to me, though it is bound to be worse when the lockdown eases.

A ferry doesn’t seem like a realistic traffic option to me. It wouldn’t carry more passengers to the core than an extra car on a GO train. It would be an unpleasant voyage on the exposed waters of the lake on a stormy day. Not only is there no good pier available near Union Station but there isn’t one at this end either, unless they destroyed a large part of the neighbourhood’s best feature, the parks on either side of Mimico Creek. I doubt that’s in the cards.

Quick construction of the proposed GO Station should be the highest priority, IMO. A light rail connection/dedicated street car route to the present raised transit way along the Queensway at St Joseph‘s hospital might be possible. I think that route could continue long the Queensway to Sherway Gardens with a connection to the 501 streetcar along Lake Shore.

i won’t claim the Westlake Towers are anything but ordinary but the mews/lane or whatever they call the shopping area is both a useful and pleasant pedestrian experience. I am glad to be in the shops there a couple of times a week. I like the area. Now, they certainly could and should improve the north end where the lane takes a ninety degree turn towards Park Lawn. Whoever designed the paving and the non existent crosswalk at that end is in bad need of a remedial course in design!

Back