Toronto 2150 Lake Shore | 215.75m | 67s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

Whereas the first batch of three pics you posted were of 2150 Lake Shore, this batch is from the Cumberland Square Bloor-Yorkville replacement project that fell apart because Holt's wouldn't play ball.

Okays...I'm missing something here. Can they they show those as a place holder, as long as they're not planning to construct those buildings? It's starting to whiff of plagiarism to me, otherwise.

The second batch of 3 pictures that ADRM posted were for a different project that Allies and Morrison were involved with that never materialized.

They have nothing to do with this project except for the fact that the same architectural firm is working on it.

The second batch of 3 pictures that ADRM posted were for a different project that Allies and Morrison were involved with that never materialized.

They have nothing to do with this project except for the fact that the same architectural firm is working on it.
...that's a little clearer. Thanks for explaining that. And I'll retract my posted concern for this for now.

Everyone on the public engagement was against density, when in reality toronto has to be dense in order to be sustainable to grow further in the future. Is it ultimately up to the city or the developers when it comes to heights of buildings and density et ?

Everyone on the public engagement was against density, when in reality toronto has to be dense in order to be sustainable to grow further in the future. Is it ultimately up to the city or the developers when it comes to heights of buildings and density et ?

By opening up the Greenbelt, the Conservatives in Ontario are more pro-sprawl. With more density, the Greenbelt doesn't need to be opened up.

Everyone on the public engagement was against density
Exqueeze me?? Everyone?
I shall not stand for such treacherous lies!
I was there, and in every meeting I was telling everyone that the density here should be even higher and that they should be proposing even taller buildings. I especially enjoyed the gasps of horror from local NIMBYs when my suggestion for a supertall tower went up on the storyboard:
Screenshot_20201127-191938.png

...right under the NIMBY stop sign...
It was a glorious night! I never felt more hated by so many people at once before... 😈

Last edited:
Does anyone know what's going to happen now? If they're going to cut the height in half. Then they'll have to widened the towers two to three times more and get rid of the parks etc to make a buck .

Maybe the NIMBYs would like it if we did a one-for-one replacement. Let's replace one of the trash towers on the south side of Lake Shore, for another First Capital tower. At least that would free up space for more park space, while allowing a developer with actual vision to build something special.

Exqueeze me?? Everyone?
I shall not stand for such treacherous lies!
I was there, and in every meeting I was telling everyone that the density here should be even higher and that they should be proposing even taller buildings. I especially enjoyed the gasps of horror from local NIMBYs when my suggestion for a supertall tower went up on the storyboard:
View attachment 285513
...right under the NIMBY stop sign...
It was a glorious night! I never felt more hated by so many people at once before... 😈
hahah sorry I meant the most recent public engagement on the city of Toronto website where you could comment or 'suggest an idea'. here https://engage.toronto.ca/projects/city-planning/christies-planning-study-public-engagement/ literally a lot of people were like 'NO TALL TOWERS'
Scroll to the very bottom and you'll see all of the recent comments

I would prefer to see large suites (1,400 - 2,000 square feet) that includes spaces for desks for each kid and a home (sound isolated) office for each of the adults. Along with lockers the size of a single-car garage, so they don't have to rent a public storage unit for their camping equipment.

Back