Toronto 2150 Lake Shore | 215.75m | 67s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

If it is all one parking structure, does that mean the entire site will be excavated at the same time?

If you had told me that The Well wouldn't even be the largest dig of the next decade, I would have never believed it.

no, they have like 3-4 tunnels they will make to connect them all.

They're doing it in 4 phases so it could take over a decade to finish

Excuse my language, but my oh my good God, what on the planet???

There is so much to digest, but this is just a whole other level of dense. How are they planning on making this even denser than East Harbour? I thought East Harbour was supposed to be our supposed "2nd CBD", but when you look at things from afar and compare the two, that thought is almost laughable.

There is no way a Park Lawn GO station will be enough to absorb all of the planned and existing density. Not in a million years. The Waterfront West LRT would be needed in conjunction if this is what we're going to be looking at; no if, ands or buts about it.

The one good thing is the city now has the money for the LRT due to the Ontario Line.... or at least will soon and I expect the LRT will be top priority

John Tory's tweet about it

Last edited:
Excuse my language, but my oh my good God, what on the planet???

There is so much to digest, but this is just a whole other level of dense. How are they planning on making this even denser than East Harbour? I thought East Harbour was supposed to be our supposed "2nd CBD", but when you look at things from afar and compare the two, that thought is almost laughable.

There is no way a Park Lawn GO station will be enough to absorb all of the planned and existing density. Not in a million years. The Waterfront West LRT would be needed in conjunction if this is what we're going to be looking at; no if, ands or buts about it.

Oh wow. 14 million square feet at this proposal, vs 12 million at East Harbour.

I don’t know if I believe that a LRT Line and 15-minute GO service can support this.

Should we be concerned about the ability of the GO trains to handle this demand? I’d imagine the trains are already pretty full coming eastbound into Mimico
They're jammed in the morning rush already as is. Higher frequencies would help, but there is some strong latent demand here already so any additional service would quickly be eaten by 905'ers. Add Torontonians to the mix and things would get really bad.

We also have to remember that not every train would be stopping here, so the increased GO service isnt as large as one would normally think. Also add to the fact that platforms would be shorter than your typical 12-car one, and we would be seeing a reduced supply of service already.

I would be pretty concerned, but not to an excessive degree. Nevertheless, the LRT is still needed regardless because as i've been mentioning in some other threads, we cant be assuming everyone will be relying on GO trains to get from point A to point B.

If there's anything to be overly concerned about, it would be with the 501 which is already crippled, unreliable and overcapacity.

I love everything about this. The streetcar loop being in this development makes much more sense than where it currently stands, because now all the streetcars that turn back at Humber Loop can now squeeze in some passengers in the Humber Bay Shores as well! This does make me wonder, though, if we should flip the destinations of the proposed east-west lines: maybe this area will need a full-fledged subway connection, while the Waterfront LRT could curve towards Dundas West instead...

I love everything about this. The streetcar loop being in this development makes much more sense than where it currently stands, because now all the streetcars that turn back at Humber Loop can now squeeze in some passengers in the Humber Bay Shores as well! This does make me wonder, though, if we should flip the destinations of the proposed east-west lines: maybe this area will need a full-fledged subway connection, while the Waterfront LRT could curve towards Dundas West instead...
Now that is a novel idea!

7500 units - crazy! 674 units per hectare
The current area has 1.6 persons per household, so same density (12,000 people) would be about 108,000 people per square kilometre

Interesting, the densest City in the world is Manilla, at 41,500 per km2

While the single densest square km in all of Europe is in Barcelona, at 53, 200

So we're talking 2.5x the density of the densest city in the world; and just over 2x the densest km2 in Europe.

Interesting, the densest City in the world is Manilla, at 41,500 per km2

While the single densest square km in all of Europe is in Barcelona, at 53, 200

So we're talking 2.5x the density of the densest city in the world; and just over 2x the densest km2 in Europe.

But just 11 ha of that density… so, y'know, settle down a bit!

Also must point out... isn't this exactly the 27 residential buildings with 7000+ units that Christie themselves tried to rezone it as looool

I guess it's easier to accept when you have pictures

I certainly need to think the proposal over for a while and will want to keep an ear open for transit developments but here are a few preliminary thoughts. I am disappointed there is no school/community centre but otherwise, my first impressions are positive. I knew there would have to be a number of residential towers to make the development work financially but I am still surprised by the number and height of them. I am impressed by the layout of the area and like the renderings of the various buildings, though I know they are nothing more than conceptual drawings.

PS. I like the suggestions you and Interchange put up about possible locations for a school.

Last edited:

Back