Toronto 21 Broadview | 40.27m | 12s | Streetcar | CEBRA architecture

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
New App in the AIC.

Covers a slew of properties, 21-53 Broadview, 18-40 Lewis and 344 Eastern.

12 stories, 340 residential units

1631310271469.png

Application Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=u4qF+PKWpgdH9r8tPgLnlw==

Aerial Pic:

1631310170285.png

Site Size: A massive 6900M2/ 74000ft2

Heritage: No listed or designated sites in the bunch

340 units in 12 floors will make this one a chonky boi.

edit: being so near East Harbour, this one should have gotten way more height.

I've wondered what the plan was for that block of houses north of the Hyundai dealership that are literally falling apart.

Yes, those houses were partly demolished about 3-4 years ago and have sat empty for longer. I agree that 12 stories may be on the low side for this site (but then I don't live nearby!)

They're taking down all those buildings for twelve storeys! This parcel of land in this intersection area is like gold in the future. With a major transportation hub and East Harbour near by. They should have been developing 30 to 40 storeys in hieght!

Happy this is moving forward, but a shame they couldn't swing assembling the entire lot including the two houses & the tire shop at Lewis / Eastern.

Right now this is one of the saddest looking blocks in the city, so I'm very eager to see what they're proposing.

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 11.45.23 PM.png

This property backs onto single family homes so even 12 stories may be an issue at this site. Some peoples want 30 - 40 stories here is unreasonable at best. I love tall buildings plus I realize there is a height fetish on this site however people have to use some common sense. I fully understand this will be a busier area in the future. perhaps this is a perfect spot for 'missing middle' massing? When properties border on low rise 'single family' homes with gardens etc. sun and light are major issues.

This property backs onto single family homes so even 12 stories may be an issue at this site. Some peoples want 30 - 40 stories here is unreasonable at best. I love tall buildings plus I realize there is a height fetish on this site however people have to use some common sense. I fully understand this will be a busier area in the future. perhaps this is a perfect spot for 'missing middle' massing? When properties border on low rise 'single family' homes with gardens etc. sun and light are major issues.
There's going to be a subway and 2WAD GO station within a three minute walk. It's the single family homes that are the issue.

There's going to be a subway and 2WAD GO station within a three minute walk. It's the single family homes that are the issue.
My thoughts as well! This area is the birth of a new alternative east downtown area. With East Harbour in the middle anchored by a new major parkland condos and movie industry area to the south and transit hub to the north etc. I can see major changes happening in subdivisions between industrial lands right to Danforth Ave in the future !!!

If, in your view, a subway station doesn't open up new land for needed high density development, nothing will. We shouldn't sink into the Canadian "can't do" attitude.

Did you read the post? I said New land will open up. In addition the Danforth subway opened 50 years ago and density along many parts of the Danforth hasn’t changed for decades. Also your comment about Canadians in offensive and ignorant.

Relax bud. This site will be redeveloped, the world won't end and you'll forget it was ever low density.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back