Toronto Yonge at Wellesley Station | 129.2m | 41s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
20 MAITLAND ST
Ward 13 - Tor & E.York District

Site Plan Approval application to facilitate the development of the site for a 45 storey (144.9 m, mechanical penthouse inclusive) mixed-use building containing 275 square metres of non-residential floor area and 527 residential dwelling units.

Looks like this proposal is for the 20 & 26 Maitland Street properties, which are the Victorian house and Catholic Children's Aid Society building.

Due to the fact that the house is part of our dwindling heritage. The unique Victorian architecture that was part of the beginning of modern Toronto. The fact that this cannot be replaced. IMO that the proposed edifice is not unique nor Of architectural interest. The proposed tower is a dime a dozen in this town and is reducing the original characteristics of our city. Move the house forward like the houses on Sherbourne St. At the very least.

I'm glad the podium is retail and not just a big glass lobby wall like the Casa buildings at least. But I can already imagine most of the tower being a big mess of spandral.

Due to the fact that the house is part of our dwindling heritage. The unique Victorian architecture that was part of the beginning of modern Toronto. The fact that this cannot be replaced. IMO that the proposed edifice is not unique nor Of architectural interest. The proposed tower is a dime a dozen in this town and is reducing the original characteristics of our city. Move the house forward like the houses on Sherbourne St. At the very least.

So we're going to keep any ole victorian even though it looks completely out of place with a condo tacked on top of it? Now if we're talking about the houses on Sherbourne and Jarvis then I'd be on your side. But not this one. Building is forgettable and so is the house.

So we're going to keep any ole victorian even though it looks completely out of place with a condo tacked on top of it? Now if we're talking about the houses on Sherbourne and Jarvis then I'd be on your side. But not this one. Building is forgettable and so is the house.
Oh well, bye bye my friend your so much nicer than that garbage on Portland?

Back