Toronto 2 St Thomas | 80.46m | 26s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

There is not enough wealth in Toronto to support such a large influx of high end condos. Is this type of market unstable? Yes. Would it be unstable if there were more moderately priced condos? No.

There are loads of well-heeled Toronto boomers in their 50's and early 60's downsizing from large houses, many looking for downtown condos rather than smaller houses. That's why these places are being built - they're hardly speculative ventures.

thought Glass was on Charlotte down by Spadina & Adelaide

this area could use another surface parking lot

42:
Surely
the most
artful those
condo names
have ever been.
What delight in your
precast concrete poetry.

SNF:
So nice
to see that
you've got as
much time to kill
as the rest of us do
on days such as today.

Sapphire is listed in the "high end" group....is it still going ahead after all I've been reading about Harry Stinson?

Stinson had some BIG ads in the Globe Friday, and the Star on Saturday for the Sapphire. The bankruptcy protection only applies to elements of 1 King West.

Meanwhile, Stinson's High Park Lofts (Roncesvalles) project is moving along, closing in on completion. We never talk about it around here...

I'm not sure how the financing part works....but if he has bankruptcy protection in place for the elements of 1 King, does anyone think this will scare off investors for Sapphire?

I think it will scare off investors for sure. It may not scare them all off, but I don't really see any investor being overly keen on investing in Sapphire given the record of 1 King West. This is just my personal opinion though. Then again, I am a student and "investing" is the last thing on my mind right now.

How does High Park Lofts look? Pics please!

not bad however not liking how the pinkish precast on the lower floors suddenly becomes the typical natural concrete colour and the upper floors

Back