Toronto 2 Queen West | 34.44m | 7s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Man I've been waiting forever for this to complete so people can realize how how shitty Eaton Centre's eastern facade/streetscape is.

This corner used to be lively, albeit a bit grimy, but lively nonetheless. Sad to see this project dragged out so long.

Any chance they're revisiting the initial plans for a tower here? Not sure if any of the new provincial legislation + an Ontario Line stop would influence any potential rezoning provisions.

This corner used to be lively...

s0071_it7176.jpg
s0071_it7177.jpg

Thanks for reaching out. Given the current COVID-19 environment, we will use this time to ensure that any plans we have for the site moving forward aligns with business and community opportunities."
Is this English? They lost me at “reaching out”.
There should be a way for the city to fine companies that take an unreasonable amount of time to move construction along while impeding pedestrian traffic.

Last edited:
This 'hulk' still sits rusting in the sun and one wonders if it is 'paused' because of the upcoming Ontario Line construction at that area. Maybe Metrolinx are working on expropriating it?

See: https://blog.metrolinx.com/2021/08/...uring-ontario-line-queen-street-construction/

Honestly it would made a great integrated entrance for the line - you can dump the new vertical circulation elements (stairs/escalators/elevators) in the footprint of this building and connect both OL and YUS with it (and replace the really awful Eaton Centre subway entrance off Queen)

AoD

Last edited:
Did we have any indication of who the tenant(s) was/were going to be?
I believe Harry Rosen was going to take the retail space and a restaurant group was going to take the top floors. I suspect the restaurant group pulled out.... maybe Harry Rosen too.

Covid has made many retailers of indoor malls rethink their (location) strategy. I wonder what is in store (pun) for the entirety of the Toronto Eaton Centre.

Aug 19
No rush getting this site built. Finally decking be place with some floors pour. This is the 3/4 year for constriction.
51395696337_56607f28e4_b.jpg

51396720348_01e73f0abe_b.jpg

51395696217_f2f14934b2_b.jpg

51397193814_e3c0cba690_b.jpg

NOTHING is happening here. If you look at the set of photos from mid-August and those from early September they show things like pieces of rope in exactly same locations. I assume it is paused so that it can be incorporated into the Ontario Line's Queen Station but ....

Back