Toronto 2 Carlton | 251.1m | 73s | Northam | IBI Group

Wow, some people really hate bumping threads. What's the big deal? I am thrilled to see threads bumped with such a valuable contribution. What a great way to start discussion again around a project.

it is seriously not a thread bump. it's been discussed before several times. If a post is a thread bump or off topic it is deleted by the staff members and you receive a message. ive received many and know it. that guy is trying to share his work with us so whats the big deal. it takes few seconds to look at the post and ignore it instead of posting that it is a thread bump and then starting a 2 pages argument about it.

As moderators, we don't jump every time there is an infraction of some sort: we just try to keep things on course without being draconian about it. Technically these are thread bumps, but we are in a gray area. Yes, a member has produced a video, but no, there's no update on the proposal. It would be preferable to have the videos posted at a time when there is already active discussion on a thread because of recent information. That way, members who are looking for an update on the proposal would not end up disappointed.

It’s not a rule that it’s prefered but we get ya. Impatience on progress and updates gets us all at the best of times. Just remember we are not here to fight but to discuss the buildings at hand or anything that relates to it. So all comments and questions posts... videos are all relevant. This having to explain that is not and sadend it came to this. Let’s just get along and not be snotty to one another. Comments like stop bumping don’t go over well. Ur not the urban Toronto police. Lol

No, not every post has to be an update, but when a thread has been quiet for a while—there had been nothing new in this thread since last June—when a new post does pop up, people usually come in with the expectation that there is new info. There is such a thing as netiquette, covering the preferred way of acting in online forums. When members occasionally subvert others' expectations of netiquette, there will often be pushback.

So, enough now? Let's move on and leave this thread for new info.

It's tiring seeing this model posted over and over again in any thread as much as I appreciate the work put into the model. It's hypothetical and primitive. It doesn't further the conversation to post it repeatedly on the same development threads. It's still popular among a subset of urbantoronto. A dedicated stickied thread would be a better compromise.

I don't understand why some people have to complain about these animated flyover scenes of the Toronto future buildings. You really get a sense of how things are going to turn out by looking at this. It's even better than looking at the photos! I go as far as watching it on YouTube on my big screen TV under Robert Koopermans Web page right on! By the way I love your compilation of music from progressive rock to metal of the seventies and eighties. I listen to it quite often when I have the time!

P.S. keep it coming !!

I don't understand why some people have to complain about these animated flyover scenes of the Toronto future buildings. You really get a sense of how things are going to turn out by looking at this. It's even better than looking at the photos! I go as far as watching it on YouTube on my big screen TV under Robert Koopermans Web page right on! By the way I love your compilation of music from progressive rock to metal of the seventies and eighties. I listen to it quite often when I have the time!

P.S. keep it coming !!
I agree, I enjoy the videos!

Back