Toronto 199 Church | 124.5m | 39s | CentreCourt | Arcadis

what happened to the cantilever at the top south side , .... did the city force the boredom change or was it CC ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this new version is quite nice, despite the loss of the warm colour, and provided they don't ruin it with spandrel, but it has promise. My thing is I feel like it's soo similar to Fleur which is turning out great that their combined monotony might end up diminishing both.

Cautiously somewhat optimistic though — I like how it has the feel of big industrial steel beams.

New docs submitted mid-August. This is now 39 storeys, 118.5 meters to the top of residential levels, 124.5 meters to the top of mechanical penthouse.

image--001.jpg

1600141185782.png

1600141201990.png

1600141221904.png

1600141237404.png

1600141265923.png

1600141285262.png

A flyover and zoom-in:

I love this, thank you for posting. Regretfully though, I'm in a building on Dalhousie St that has enjoyed lots of sunshine (west-facing) for many years. Will have to see how bad the shadows from these and other towers will affect us.

excuse my ignorance , .. what is this telling us , is demolition soon , .. are are the sales going for this building , ... does anyone know ?????
The permits show you that the developer has actually got around to applying for both demolition and building permits and these are not normally applied for unless they are serious. (Though there are often annual increases so there is a tendency to put permits in before the date these take effect!) There is no real connection between sales and permits but, of course, developers can usually not get funding until the sales reach x% and without $$ the permits will not be 'activated'.

Site plan working meeting Feb 2
Event Information: 191-201 Church Street - Site Plan working group
refresh.gif
Registration is required to join this event. If you have not registered, please do so now.
English : Toronto Time​
Event status:Not started (Register)
Date and time:Tuesday, February 2, 2021 2:30 pm
Eastern Standard Time (Toronto, GMT-05:00)
Change time zone
Duration:1 hour 30 minutes
Description:
This meeting will discuss topics related to Site Plan Application # 19 265558 STE 13 SA, at the address of 191-201 Church Street. Participants will include the community, the Councillor's Office, City staff, and the applicant.

A meeting agenda will be made available later on. If you have topics you wish to be discussed, please contact Jason Xie at jason.xie@toronto.ca or 416-338-3004.

The latest architectural and landscape drawings can be downloaded - please see below for the heading "Event Material" and click on "View Info".

Further information can also be found at the following City webpage: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=2QxkXnIHZLgN5eTUXdonfw==
Event material:
191-201 Church St - Architectural drawings (3rd submission).pdf (11.4 MB)
Architectural Drawings (3rd submission)
191-201 Church St - Landscape drawings (3rd submission).pdf (9.4 MB)
Landscape Drawings (3rd submission)

Back