Burlington 1989 Appleby Line | 70.5m | 20s | Latch | RAW Design

wopchop

Building Toronto
Member Bio
Reaction score
Developer wants to replace the existing gas station with two 20-storey residential buildings connected by a shared 6-storey podium with retail at grade. There would be a total of 475 residential units, 871m2 of at-grade retail space, 502 vehicular parking spaces, and 304 bicycle parking spaces.

Development Application: https://www.burlington.ca/en/news/c...y-line.aspx#Pre-Application-Community-Meeting

Google Streetview:

Latch-Rendering.jpg
r180267_1989ApplebyLn_WebmapWard4_520_05_22_14072022.png

Last edited:
The Esso gas station and associated Circle K were closed permanently last night with rather short notice.

The project is currently under review by the OLT, with a hearing date of September 11.

I think this will be approved, but the main concern at play is a lack of public space. As is, the entire front of the property is surface parking for the retail.

The Esso gas station and associated Circle K were closed permanently last night with rather short notice.

The project is currently under review by the OLT, with a hearing date of September 11.

I think this will be approved, but the main concern at play is a lack of public space. As is, the entire front of the property is surface parking for the retail.
Is there not a corridor for High Voltage Power Transmission - 230kv i think. I only ask as it’s an interesting next door neighbour.

Is there not a corridor for High Voltage Power Transmission - 230kv i think. I only ask as it’s an interesting next door neighbour.
Correct. The hydro corridor is an easement on the property. The existing driveway onto Upper Middle is actually an easement through the easement, in a way. Nothing can be built in that front/side strip for safety reasons, but that argument is that public greenspace would be a lot better than surface parking in that portion.

Here's the current design:
Screenshot 2023-07-18 190846.png

Closed permanently on Sunday at 9pm, today (Thursday) everything was stripped and there is a bit of demolition equipment on site. Didn't get a good pic of the inside but it looked like everything was gone from in there too.

IMG_7158.jpg

Now know why nothing has happened! What was the Esso sign is now the sign for the project, and the Circle K has been painted black. Seems like the building will be used as the sales centre.

IMG_9271.jpg

IMG_9272.jpg

If that's the case, really clever and conscious decision by Latch. Love to see it!

We also have a new rendering:
Screenshot 2024-03-08 160108.png

Last edited:

Back