Pickering 1970 Brock Road | 96.47m | 30s | Brock & Kingston | CMV

WislaHD

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Pickering density spree continues with another dense proposal along Kingston Road.

Applicant​

Brock and Kingston Holdings Inc.

Proposal​

Applications (City File OPA-20-008/P, A 13/20) for Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment have been submitted by Brock and Kingston Holdings Inc. for the lands located on the northwest corner of Kingston Road and Brock Road, municipally known at 1970 Brock Road.

The applicant is proposing a high-density mixed-use development containing 860 residential units and 1,430 square metres of commercial floor space. Multiple buildings are proposed including a mixed-use building containing two towers (34 and 31 storeys in height) connected by a 6-storey podium structure with commercial space on the ground floor. A 12-storey mid-rise residential building and 25, 3-storey townhouses are proposed north of the towers.

The property includes a stone building designated under Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act (Post Manor), which is proposed to be moved to the northerly portion of the site fronting Brock Road. Vehicular access to the development is proposed via two right-in/right-out driveways from Brock Road and Kingston Road.

1635861276287.png

1635861503653.png

1635861355222.png

1635861530246.png

so odd seeing something so large here. I used to drive through this intersection all the friggen time growing up, it was about as solidly suburban as you get. Never pictured anything this large here.

so odd seeing something so large here. I used to drive through this intersection all the friggen time growing up, it was about as solidly suburban as you get. Never pictured anything this large here.
Right? Growing up the tallest building I remember was the office building next to the mall. Think of the great view of the power plant you'll have from the top floors of this thing!

Back