viewSupportingDoc (7) Page 012.jpg
viewSupportingDoc (7) Page 026.jpg
viewSupportingDoc (7) Page 027.jpg
viewSupportingDoc (7) Page 028.jpg
viewSupportingDoc (7) Page 029.jpg
viewSupportingDoc (7) Page 030.jpg
viewSupportingDoc (7) Page 031.jpg

Pages from viewSupportingDoc (6).jpg

Kind of disappointed, considering their involvement with The Well.

Not asking for downtown quality in Scarborough, but some variety would be nice, especially considering the room they have to work with.

People should understand that the above is for an OPA. It's only to establish massing, density and tower positioning. Makes sense that they didn't an expensive, foreign firm to do it. That said, once things get going, it's doubtful that they'll hire anyone of note. It'll likely be Kirkor all the way through.

Kind of disappointed, considering their involvement with The Well.

Not asking for downtown quality in Scarborough, but some variety would be nice, especially considering the room they have to work with.
It's the other partners at The Well which have driven the architectural end of things there (except the green glass on the office tower—that's all RioCan). Plus, at this point these buildings should only be considered placeholder designs. Those merely windows draped over massing envelops at this point, not designed buildings.

These developments are mostly from the typical firms, aA, Quadrangle, Kirkor, and IBI.

I have a feeling that the end products will be pretty average Scarborough glass buildings, but I guess I'll wait for something more final.

aA is not Quadrangle which is not IBI. And none of the aforementioned three are Kirkor. What are you getting at here?

I would love to see all of these proposals in the SketchUp City model if it exists.

When even the renders are this bad, the reality is going to be grim.

This would benefit from a comparison w/the Allied project we're all so favourable towards, in the Globe and Mail.

A clear 'This is good, this is better, this is NOT' sorta thing.

Just a thought.

Something where a good developer enjoys some praise; and bad one hopefully, feels a modicum of shame.

Glad to see a continuous large park is being provided. Pocket parks are nice, and serve their purpose but ultimately you need a big space to have great programming on a civic scale which the Golden Mile will need.

Bring on the towers and the height. Keep the park whole.

I don't think the architecture is going to blow anyone away. But if we can get a solid ground floor treatment, I'll be happy enough.

I'm happy that we are getting real development that could directly tackle our housing crisis while intensifying an underutilized corridor with strong transit access in the city. That said, I can't help but lament that the prevailing development pattern of the day are these mega-block hulking podium-tower developments. It sure beats a wasteland of parking lots, but it won't create the feel of a downtown area.

At least here in these lands, a large park will be included in the project.

Back