Toronto 1920 Eglinton East | ?m | 48s | Madison Group | Turner Fleischer

You know what you're right. Lets extend that plus/minus of the # of condo towers through to Victoria Park in the west, and Birchmount in the east. The predictions will be limited to the north side of Eglinton.

Based on how the developer is planning on packing in development (ie: from what we see above), i'll be upping the +/- of the number of condos we'll be seeing to 90.

Looks like we will be close to your 90 estimate with mid and high-rise forms. At least 40 high-rise condos being considered per the Secondary Plan.

If this entire built form ever sees the light of day, mark my words the entire Golden Mile stretch will become an even more uninspiring stretch than it already is. And it wont be solely at the developers feet, the city will share the exact same amount of blame.

I agree that they are considering a shocking level of intensfication for this stretch of Eglinton but they've done a good job of mapping out Parking and Open Space networks and are planning a good mix of building types throughout the Golden Mile. I think people's "stigma" of this stretch of Eglinton makes most of us skeptical of the plan. I am personally looking forward to seeing it come to fruition and seeing this area gentrified.

Definitely a lack of consistency with the level of density permitted across the LRT. I assume you're talking about the west end of the LRT (Chaplin -Fairbank)?
At the Laird and Leaside stops (underground alignment), they are considering high densities (i.e. Celestica Lands).

The biggest problem is that they are planning these crazy densities on the surface section of the LRT and planning 6 storey midrises on the subway portion.. it makes no sense.
The surface LRT portion should still be able to service these densities, but yes it is ridiculous state of affairs in transit planning in this city.

Scarborough after all these years is finally going to get a "downtown" and it is going to be the Golden Mile (or alternatively Agincourt, given the similar levels of densities planned there), meanwhile we are spending billions to build a subway to a mall and gerrymandering all bus routes to there.

I agree that they are considering a shocking level of intensfication for this stretch of Eglinton but they've done a good job of mapping out Parking and Open Space networks and are planning a good mix of building types throughout the Golden Mile. I think people's "stigma" of this stretch of Eglinton makes most of us skeptical of the plan. I am personally looking forward to seeing it come to fruition and seeing this area gentrified.
I couldn't disagree more, I think they've done a terrible job mapping out open space networks throughout the entire plan. It's pretty much just copy/paste X amount of times throughout the entire stretch between Vic Park and Birchmount.

For one, all the open green space in the Golden Mile Secondary Plan are being bisected by streets which render them less effective for the purpose they are supposed to be serving. Then add to the fact that there is very little green space between buildings which could have been used to create modern pedestrian streetscapes and it just makes this entire stretch seem walled off from its surroundings.

The fact that it took them how many years to plan this area, and all they came up with is this generic plan that we've seen plastered all over the city is really just distasteful and borderline embarrassing.

I've mentioned it before on the Lansing Square thread, but what has been proposed there is vastly superior in almost every way (minus the parking and townhouses). How is it that a developer can do a better job a planning large city blocks, compared to the city's Planning Dept whose core function is to do exactly that?

Lansing Square Proposal:

Well City Planning doesn't like this one either............

It's one of 3 Golden Mile parcels facing opposition, via Request for Directions reports to the Feb 26th meeting of Scarborough Community Council.

Report here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/sc/bgrd/backgroundfile-164106.pdf

The report reads as scathing.

You don't need to read between the lines on this one..............the City just hates it.

From the report:

1613251264865.png

I missed the results of the above report, at the time, but we now see that a settlement on the OPA was arrived at, and approved by Council, which has resulted in, a new ZBA, SPA and plan of Subdivision in the AIC.

T-F continues to be part of the architectural team here; Teeple and SuperKul are also on-board.

For the title, note that the Maximum height is now 48s

1662109956430.png

@interchange42 will want to make note of the plan of subdivision and the different sets of architects.

I will treat this as one Masterplan first, then, as clear will create one post for each new parcel.

1662110194303.png

1662110227340.png

As you can all see above, the Masterplan actually has all 3 Arch. firms listed on it; it also has a slew of renders, below, which do not identify which building is which/siting (rather annoying) or give credit to any particular firm, hopefully that will change when we get to block-specific plans.

1662110577834.png

1662110613985.png

1662110651613.png

1662110689535.png

1662110723119.png

1662110790504.png

1662110816946.png

1662110849288.png

Items from the Planning Rationale Report follow:

Just for context, this is the opening page of said report, in its entirety:

1662111010232.png

The descriptions for each block are simply too long to fit in one post, so I will save those for the breakdown posts for each block. But below are the phasing plan, and stats for the site:

1662111268027.png

1662111284634.png

There are a slew of Arch. files; The order of the posts will follow the order of the files, which may not make any particular sense.

This first one is ID'd as Block B4

Architect shows as Turner Fleischer

1662122740152.png

1662122850869.png

1662122922324.png

1662122967492.png

Back