Toronto 191 Bay | 301.74m | 64s | QuadReal | Hariri Pontarini

FCP is like 291 to top of mechanical. Most websites list it as 298 but that’s not correct.

Either way, it won't stand out much. I just felt it was time that if a new building was going right in the heart of the financial district, the time has come for a game changer. Something between 310-340 would have been great.

i dont want to start an argument, i read somewhere that to the roof FCP is 292m but that mechanical thing or core at the top (whatever it is called?) is another 6 meters. thats where 298m comes from.
1630583804039.png

FCP is like 291 to top of mechanical. Most websites list it as 298 but that’s not correct.

Yes, that's what most sources say. But with no info on where that number actually comes from.

Google Earth measures the building at 291 metres, and from every other building I've checked with it seems to get the height right within a metre or so.

A little while ago I tried to see if I could pull up the old implementing zoning by-law for the project, which I found, but it didn't list a maximum height.

The reality is that the actual height information is likely buried in as-built drawings in the building department archives that we need routine disclosure to get a hold of.. which isn't going to happen unless Cadillac Fairview wants to let us know.

I they're going to have an observation deck this building should at least rise up to 350m to view the Financial area, Harbour etc !

Yes, that's what most sources say. But with no info on where that number actually comes from.

Google Earth measures the building at 291 metres, and from every other building I've checked with it seems to get the height right within a metre or so.

A little while ago I tried to see if I could pull up the old implementing zoning by-law for the project, which I found, but it didn't list a maximum height.

The reality is that the actual height information is likely buried in as-built drawings in the building department archives that we need routine disclosure to get a hold of.. which isn't going to happen unless Cadillac Fairview wants to let us know.
FCP is Brookfield. ;)

I'm almost certain it became incorporated into the offices of Blake, Cassels & Graydon. The firm has one floor at the top of the building - library, boardrooms, kitchen - separated from its other floors by a few stories, necessitating taking different elevators from my recollection.

Pleasantly surprised to see this. I can't recall of another instance like this where a design has flip-flopped back to the original. The addition of an outdoor observation level is fantastic.

A surprising lack of updated renderings, but here are some perspective drawings:

51419007182_38ff7c2c46_k.jpg

51419007157_92f108d94e_k.jpg

51419007197_7be3b27bc7_k.jpg

The way 55 Yonge street spirals into 191 Bay is certainly a pleasant surprise.Too bad the same can't be said with the St. Regis!
Are the heights of 191 Bay, 55 Yonge, Indx condos and other buildings at the financial core established by an arbitrary diagonal plane? This plane is very clear from the west, especially with IndxCondos.

I suppose I should stop looking at Manhattan development threads before coming here. For Toronto, this is a decent office tower proposal but after viewing the Grand Hyatt (83 floors, 502m) proposal in NYC it's impossible to be impressed by 191 Bay. I don't expect the same height/scale as NYC but I do expect similar quality/design standards.

191 Bay is fine but it's no Grand Hyatt.

Back