Toronto 191 Bay | 301.74m | 64s | QuadReal | Hariri Pontarini

I've seen that Koops darken the glazed window facade to a dark smoki gray colour from a lighter colour . Does anyone know what's the tint going to be on this new building?

Would much rather see this built than the first iteration of the design; kitsch is kitsch. The updated design at least refrains from that glitzy standard... it might even turn out to be elegant, depending on materials and execution.

God forbid we have anything glamorous or cosmopolitan in this city. Anything with any semblance of style is labeled kitsch in Toronto. We are building 'prozac in city form' after all.

Last edited:
Koop is not building CC3, he just guessed the color while making that render. it's just a render, you could be right, they might go for a darker glass but cant judge the color based on Koop's render. :)

Koop is not building CC3, he just guessed the color while making that render. its just a render, you could be right, they might go for a darker glass but cant judge the color based on Koop's render. :)
it would be nice to see it really dark and solid for the purpose of better reflection. The next thing they should do is create something like the same Diamond shapes facade effect as the CIBC building. That would really compliment eastside of the financial districts view with the Scotia Tower at dawn.

I wonder if office projects like this that haven’t started yet will be cancelled given the looming recession. It will be a long time before everybody is working from the office again and there will be many more employees demanding to work from home even after a vaccine is available.

I wonder if office projects like this that haven’t started yet will be cancelled given the looming recession. It will be a long time before everybody is working from the office again and there will be many more employees demanding to work from home even after a vaccine is available.

There's no point speculating on things we don't know.

Great post. Well worth dredging up a four-month-old thread...

The future of the commercial office tower will mixed use- no more hotels, but residences for valued employees.

Sanitized elevator buttons, another spritz from well trained security before u enter the "workplace", and then you walk to your work station. Life in the new normal.

The future of the commercial office tower will mixed use- no more hotels, but residences for valued employees.

Sanitized elevator buttons, another spritz from well trained security before u enter the "workplace", and then you walk to your work station. Life in the new normal.

Some office towers in the last few years have explored this option - albeit just rooms for their employees - not full-blown residences.

Toronto Model 03-29-90 CC3.png

There's no point speculating on things we don't know.

Half of UrbanToronto is speculating on things we don’t know.

Great post. Well worth dredging up a four-month-old thread...

The thread is currently featured on the UrbanToronto home page. If you don’t want people commenting old threads, UT should learn not to feature them.

I have a question for everyone since Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak crisis and everything turn very bad but I did started to worry about project but I want to know do crisis will harm or ruin this project? if death tolls rise 100 times than today death toll? would be harm this project? yes or no? because death rate rise and birth rate low? economy will turn weakness, what I am worry right now

Back