IMG_8528[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8526[1].JPG
    IMG_8526[1].JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 1,006
  • IMG_8528[1].JPG
    IMG_8528[1].JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 1,362
TEYCC in its last sitting adopted the public art plan as per the below; the artist will be Omer Arbel, and the doc linked below includes some examples of his work, including a very cool installation at the V&A. Arbel will develop three concepts for presentation to a 3-person jury, which will select one of the concepts for use on the building.

https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-113160.pdf

upload_2018-3-29_10-45-48.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-29_10-45-48.png
    upload_2018-3-29_10-45-48.png
    440.7 KB · Views: 831
TEYCC in its last sitting adopted the public art plan as per the below; the artist will be Omer Arbel, and the doc linked below includes some examples of his work, including a very cool installation at the V&A. Arbel will develop three concepts for presentation to a 3-person jury, which will select one of the concepts for use on the building.

I like how this is being done, with the budget, artist, and location of the art identified in advance. Seems like good process. Eager to see what ends up being designed here.

Will they be gutting and supporting the old facade similarly to the King Blue project?

I like how this is being done, with the budget, artist, and location of the art identified in advance. Seems like good process. Eager to see what ends up being designed here.
The process here is typical for projects across the city.

I find the final rendering to be more pleasing than the previous one. Because the corners of the new part of the structure are all rounded right to the top of the building ! I Haven't seen too many developers trying to do that on skyscraper lately !

After what seems to be a very long while with only minimal activity at 19 Duncan - primarily site preparation work along the Adelaide frontage sidewalk - the footings for the bracing beams to support the exterior walls have been put into place, but no wall support bracing structure yet, and there was a gas line which was exposed for a short while - not sure what happened to that - but now finally, some real equipment is on site today.

19 Duncan.jpg

Attachments

• 19 Duncan.jpg
    19 Duncan.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 722
Finally - work appears to be seriously underway. Demolition of the non-historic portion of the parking shelter on the east side of the property is now underway, and preparations for installation of the reenforcing steelwork is taking place along the Adelaide Street frontage.

19 duncan-1.jpg

19 duncan-2.jpg

Attachments

• 19 duncan-1.jpg
    19 duncan-1.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 745
  • 19 duncan-2.jpg
    19 duncan-2.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 766

Back