Toronto Toronto House | 186.53m | 58s | Westbank | Hariri Pontarini

Not really - that building is being incorporated into the development

IMG_7236[1].JPG

Site office has been set up in the old Burrito Boys / Smoke's Burritorie space across the street.

IMG_7235[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7236[1].JPG
    IMG_7236[1].JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 900
  • IMG_7235[1].JPG
    IMG_7235[1].JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 736
Loving the signature HP curved corner glass -- I'm optimistic Westbank will execute that well. Looks pretty intriguing from street level in general.

But the tower is just uninspired. The pressure continues to mount for Mirvish-Gehry to pick up the aesthetic slack for new towers in the area.

Another win for our city's booming economy! Office space in the core is well in demand!

Once Mirvish + Gehry goes ahead that area is going to be DENSE! 163m, 187m, 275m and 305m within one block!

Walked by earlier today and hoarding is going up around the site. One lane of Adelaide is gone, with the cycle track moved over. This actually looks fairly awkward just west of the site as the cycle track is between a through lane and right turn lane onto Duncan.

I hope that people don't attribute extra travel time caused by this lane reduction to the project that's about to start on King Street...

wow, they did that quick. Adelaide bike lanes were still in their original alignment at 7 last night.

I don't expect this will increase travel times much. University is already the big bottleneck in this stretch, in rush hours cars back up well before this.

Back