Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
19 Duncan 
19 Duncan St, Toronto
Developer: Westbank Corp, Allied Properties REIT

19 Duncan | 187m | 58s | Westbank | Hariri Pontarini

Not really - that building is being incorporated into the development

88drums

Loving the signature HP curved corner glass -- I'm optimistic Westbank will execute that well. Looks pretty intriguing from street level in general.

But the tower is just uninspired. The pressure continues to mount for Mirvish-Gehry to pick up the aesthetic slack for new towers in the area.

Contra

Once Mirvish + Gehry goes ahead that area is going to be DENSE! 163m, 187m, 275m and 305m within one block!

Walked by earlier today and hoarding is going up around the site. One lane of Adelaide is gone, with the cycle track moved over. This actually looks fairly awkward just west of the site as the cycle track is between a through lane and right turn lane onto Duncan.

I hope that people don't attribute extra travel time caused by this lane reduction to the project that's about to start on King Street...

wow, they did that quick. Adelaide bike lanes were still in their original alignment at 7 last night.

I don't expect this will increase travel times much. University is already the big bottleneck in this stretch, in rush hours cars back up well before this.