Toronto Toronto House | 186.53m | 58s | Westbank | Hariri Pontarini

Oh yes please. Inject that logo right into my skyline Westbank!

I take it that this isn't just a CadillacFairview-esque marking of territory, and that Westbank intends to locate their Toronto office into 19 Duncan?

They may have a minimal presence in the office floors, but my understanding is that it's fully leased by Thomson Reuters. I think the logo is more to mark it as a Westbank Living property which is their rental division. As I understand it Westbank has a pretty small presence employee wise in Toronto.

They may have a minimal presence in the office floors, but my understanding is that it's fully leased by Thomson Reuters. I think the logo is more to mark it as a Westbank Living property which is their rental division. As I understand it Westbank has a pretty small presence employee wise in Toronto.
I'm pretty sure the City approved a minor variance application requesting to turn 4 floors of the rental portion into hotel use, which is likely why westbank is trying to brand the tower.

Oh yes please. Inject that logo right into my skyline Westbank!

I take it that this isn't just a CadillacFairview-esque marking of territory, and that Westbank intends to locate their Toronto office into 19 Duncan?
Correct. 100% of office is leased to TR.
I'm pretty sure the City approved a minor variance application requesting to turn 4 floors of the rental portion into hotel use, which is likely why westbank is trying to brand the tower.
The plan here is for full service rentals - so halfway between a regular rental building and a hotel. As there will be a staff on hand, it makes sense for WB to try and 'brand' the building.

Correct. 100% of office is leased to TR.

The plan here is for full service rentals - so halfway between a regular rental building and a hotel. As there will be a staff on hand, it makes sense for WB to try and 'brand' the building.

Interesting. On that note, it's funny that the Shangrila showed a render with their logo way back when, but it never materialized. Does anyone recall that whole debate?

Shangri-La's logos are on the north and south sides of the upper mechanical penthouse. Not sure why it wasn't on the fins, but there are logos up there.

yes Shangrilla does have logos. i've seen it too.

shang.jpg

Back