Toronto 1891 Eglinton Avenue East | 167.08m | 52s | Mattamy Homes | Arch. Unfolded

Appears to be the s/e corner of Eglinton & Pharmacy.

Currently a factory of some description.

Employs 100'ish people according to the website.

Site continues to border more industrial applications to the south.

Assuming we do get some variation of an Eglinton LRT in the next several years...

I would imagine there would be much intensification in the corridor, this would be among the last sites I would consider.

Proposed stations are Victoria Park and Warden (if underground); Pharmacy if surface as well.

Aside from that, the neighbours include industry, rail spur, car dealership, big box centre, sprawling retail/parking.....

The site is also industrial, meaning potential for clean-up issues may exist.

wow 5 towers?? ranging from 30s - 40s is HUGE for this area.

If it's the s/e corner then this would be the site;

1891a.jpg

1891b.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if this one will get through the "Employment Conversion" hoop

Application was submitted by Goldberg Group (as planning consultant)

I wonder if there's enough demand to sell that many units at Eglinton/Pharmacy. And it's nice that they're putting the towers out to the street, but it doesn't look like much thought went into the pedestrian realm along Eglinton. I'd hope they refine the podium a bit.

I don't know this area at all, but it's likely no coincidence that with the Eglinton LRT going ahead that we're seeing more, and larger, developments coming to the street. For one of Toronto's most important streets, there's been an almost stunning lack of proposals so far during this unprecedented boom.

The area is a vast waste land of big box retail from Victoria Park Ave. to Almost Birchmount. 3 Kms of parking lots. That said. The block between VP and Pharmacy on the north side of Eglinton is ripe for redevelopment. As is the site at 1891 Eglinton Ave. There are many other sites of similar size along that stretch of Eglinton that could easily accommodate mid - highrise development. Bring it on. Done properly, we can revert back to calling the strip by its original name.The Golden Mile.

Last edited:
I used to live at Vic Pk / Eglinton back in the early 90's... even driving Eglinton between the DVP and Kennedy now it seems like there has been a fair amount of intensification since I lived there. It is good to see some of the old industrial lands start coming up for redevelopment. Although as others have pointed out, the proposal seems to be the bare minimum rather than anything that will contribute in any meaningful way other than make traffic in the area worse.

I work at FPC Flexible Packaging....and I have worked here for over 35 years....so what happens to me and the rest of the guys that work here???
So nice to go to work with this looming over our shoulders.

Wow, this one is still floating around, or is there another address to this project?

APARTMENT BLDGS Proj: 9153313-5
Scarborough, Metro Toronto Reg ON PREPARING PLANS
1891 Eglinton Ave E, M1L
$235,272,000 est

Note: This project is very preliminary. Owner's representative has submitted applications for both Official Plan amendment and Rezoning. Schedules for design, tender and construction are not known at this time. Further update fall 2014.
Project: construction of a mixed used development consisting of five towers ranging in height between 30 and 40-storeys. There will be a total of 1640 residential units.
Scope: 1,589,678 square feet; 40 storeys; 5 structures; 1640 units; 13 acres
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs
From DCN today.....http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/...1ad67a4f5359&projectid=9153313&region=ontario

Last edited:
With the other proposals in the Golden Mile making more progress and the Crosstown closer to opening date, I wonder if we will hear something from this site in the near future.

1891 EGLINTON AVE E
Ward 20 - Scarborough District

Proposed redevelopment of the site into a mixed-use community, comprised of 6 blocks. Blocks 1 and 2 will consist of four high rise towers (33-48 storeys), Block 3 for one mid-rise building (10 storey) and Blocks 4-5 will be comprised of employment uses with buildings ranging from 1-2 storeys and Block 6 as a park.

Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA​
20 158264 ESC 20 OZ​
Jun 19, 2020​
Under Review​