Toronto 1861 O'Connor | 27m | 9s | Artlife | Studio JCI

Screenshot_2018-12-18 1861 O'Connor Dr.png

Plaza just below (west of) VP and Eglinton

Image source: Google Streetview

Correction: It is the property to the south of this as outlined by @marcus_a_j below

Last edited:
Interesting. I believe the city is planning ro realign O'Connor right through this property as a part of the Golden Mile secondary plan.. they may not be too happy about this application.

Interesting. I believe the city is planning ro realign O'Connor right through this property as a part of the Golden Mile secondary plan.. they may not be too happy about this application.

You may be correct.

The way I read one of the proposed alignments, it appeared to skirt the south edge of the existing Hudson's Bay store.

That being the case, an alignment for O'Connor could be through this site OR along its southern edge. It would definitely read as north of the apartment complexes a bit to the south.

Edit: Looking at the shapes of the buildings that survive in the maps/images from the Golden Mile article published here at UT, I think it does have to traverse the plaza site.

I would read the shape of the building that survives on the south side of the road in that drawing as being the auto sales building to the south.

Though, I imagine that a more southerly alignment would be feasible.

Last edited:
The site is actually the auto shops to the south of the plaza. Streetview image from August 2018 shows Artlife Developments on the property signage
1861 OC.JPG

Source: Google Streetview

The site is actually the auto shops to the south of the plaza. Streetview image from August 2018 shows Artlife Developments on the property signage
View attachment 167965

Source: Google Streetview

Good catch, my bad.

I typed in the address, and streetview very clearly gave me the plaza to the north.

I didn't double check, as it wasn't even close to the other property.

I should have.

Streetview has bizarre errors that way.

Good catch, my bad.

I typed in the address, and streetview very clearly gave me the plaza to the north.

I didn't double check, as it wasn't even close to the other property.

I should have.

Streetview has bizarre errors that way.

All good! I looked into the property awhile ago so I knew where it was. Google will give good estimates for addresses but can never be 100% reliable.

I feel like O'Connor is going to end up with an unexpected amount of development.

I wonder if once the Crosstown is completed, the bus here should be made more frequent.

Back