Toronto 185 King East | 157.12m | 46s | Gupta | Arcadis

I'm glad that weird bulky mansard from the corner building will be removed.
Yes, it would look better - though the whole scheme is somewhat of a mess, this may be an improvement. Here is a Now & Future

George current.jpg

george new.jpg

This actually looks horrifying and agree that it will be so out of place in Old Toronto, where heritage is important. Any way to speak up against this?

Very interesting find.

While I have no particular sympathy for the uncompensated descendants; I still would have rooted for them here, just to block the tasteless proposal at hand.

Having said that I have no particular sympathy for those seeking compensation, legal principles to the contrary notwithstanding, I'm not sure that anyone else should see the benefit of either selling or taking ownership of property they never owned, and never purchased.

I think the default presumption here should actually be that the land reverts to public ownership if there is no reasonable private claim.

I think that that IS the presumption.

As I understand the decision the prior owners (pre-Gupta) were recognized to be the lawful owners by way of adverse possession and the lands are now considered as belonging to Gupta.

Unless I wrongly inferred that.

As I understand the decision the prior owners (pre-Gupta) were recognized to be the lawful owners by way of adverse possession and the lands are now considered as belonging to Gupta.

Unless I wrongly inferred that.
That appears the case here as someone had actually chained it off and used it but in other cases where it remained an accesible lane/path the City has taken possession.

This is unconfirmed hearsay, but rumor is that the adjoining property to the West has just now been purchased as well, to expand the building's total footprint.

TY for bringing this forward, and for appropriately qualifying the info.

A very solid first post!

Welcome to UT @JustAPerson

Back