Toronto 1801 Eglinton Avenue West | 141.83m | 41s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

ferusian

Member Bio
Reaction score
1801 EGLINTON AVE W
Ward 12 - Tor & E.York District

Development Applications

Proposal for a 30-storey tower (106.53 metres to the top of the mechanical penthouse) inclusive of a 4-storey podium along the Eglinton Avenue West frontage, which steps down to 1 storey along the Vaughan Road frontage at the rear of the Site. A total of 22,175 square metres of residential gross floor area and 455 square metres of non-residential gross floor area are proposed. A total of 237 residential dwelling units are proposed on the lot.

1595397845508.png

Last edited:
I can see more of these types of proposals along the horizon, quite a few candidates for redevelopment at Dufferin & Eg.

Design by Quadrangle:

1597254515374.png

1597254541058.png

1597254570359.png

I don't care for the way this meets the street at all.

Looks very clunky.

The taller portion has some potential.......but the set-back, shorter bit doesn't work for me at all.

That apartment complex next door has a terrible street presence too........sigh..........

I do like the revamped parkette/plaza at the corner.

Done properly the abutting building would feature restaurants with patios facing out on said plaza/park.

Done properly the abutting building would feature restaurants with patios facing out on said plaza/park.
I wouldn't have high hopes. That looks like to be the station entrance, and when have we ever known Metrolinx/TTC to provide value-add to their station designs.

On the bright side, the streetscaping here looks really good. I am happy with the corner parkette. Eglinton looks lovely with the dedicated bike lane too.

I don't care for the way this meets the street at all.

Looks very clunky.

The taller portion has some potential.......but the set-back, shorter bit doesn't work for me at all.

That apartment complex next door has a terrible street presence too........sigh..........

I do like the revamped parkette/plaza at the corner.

The revamped plaza is happening as a part of the work for the Crosstown, not a part of this project.

I wouldn't have high hopes. That looks like to be the station entrance, and when have we ever known Metrolinx/TTC to provide value-add to their station designs.

On the bright side, the streetscaping here looks really good. I am happy with the corner parkette. Eglinton looks lovely with the dedicated bike lane too.

Ahhh, right.......that explains why it looks hopeless clunky...........and poorly thought out.

For some reason I was forgetting that was going on that corner.

Wow! We got the curved punctured window look for this building's facade ! It's going to look great when this project is complete as seen in the photos up above !

This is Kingsett as noted in the planning docs uploaded. Let's see if they build it or flip the rezoned land to another dev.

I'm really curious how this one will sell and pricing. I think they are the first major condo for this area since crosstown has been announced?

Empire Midtown is the only thing that's been sold. There are others in various stages of the entitlement process but nothing has yet advanced to sales.

Back