Toronto 180 Wellington West | ?m | 12s | Stantec

Too bad the fins don't project more than they do (unless (wishful thinking) the rails shown are themselves brackets for a wider fin) . It looks like there will be a lot of them though.

Last edited:
I just found out CBC has a webcam pointed in this direction. Looks like there's new cladding for the roof but you can't make out the detail from the webcam. Lazy update via http://www.cbc.ca/toronto/webcam/webcam.html

gvOJwZG.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks.
The assymmetry due to the SW corner is a bit odd. I guess it looks best viewed directly towards the corner. The fins don't seem to add much

No amount of fins are going to rescue this:

WP_20130404_013.jpg

WP_20130404_014.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20130404_013.jpg
    WP_20130404_013.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 897
  • WP_20130404_014.jpg
    WP_20130404_014.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 876
Toronto's Futuristic Factory Look that has become so nauseatingly ubiquitous in this city. This "reno" is an absolute disaster. My mother used to work in 180 Wellington and hated every second of the drab and depressing building. I can't imagine this would make her feel any better had she still been working.

WHY, God, why, have Toronto architects/builders become so obsessed with cheap, nasty, metal siding strips as a material for the exterior?

Once more, I repeat, we are constructing a city full of Futuristic Factory-looking buildings.

There is no warmth, no character and certainly no charm in glass, concrete and steel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling this building looks temporary, because it is exactly that. RBC employees shuffle around during the demolition/construction of their other office towers. Flash forwards 20 years and there will likely be a much taller structure where this sorry-looking thing once stood.

So many miscalculations here: the colours, the visual effectiveness of the fins, etc. etc.

Back