Toronto 180 Wellington West | ?m | 12s | Stantec

Senior UT Member
Member Bio
Reaction score
They had this building across from Roy Thompson Hall scaffolded for about 6 months, now its come off I see they gut the whole thing out. I tried searching about this building but nothing came up other than RBC used to be the main tenant. Anyone have the details on this? :confused:

JAYuS.jpg

They had this building across from Roy Thompson Hall scaffolded for about 6 months, now its come off I see they gut the whole thing out. I tried searching about this building but nothing came up other than RBC used to be the main tenant. Anyone have the details on this? :confused:

Looks like you've got the answer!

Its being recladded. You can see the new cladding in the pic you took. I was wondering what was going on with that building every time I walked by also.

You can see what it looked like before on google street view:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=180+w...6R1k386GmNyIWclEFdx_uQ&cbp=12,61.51,,0,-18.04

Last edited:
This didn't look great before, but at least it added some variety. With other projects like the upcoming Delta Chelsea renos (again, not a bad project it and of itself), the "glassification" of everything downtown taller than three stories will come closer to becoming a reality.

But RBC already occupied this building before !

Recently RBC leased about 180K of space at York Mills center (Yonge and York Mills) 180K is basically the size of this building ... ?

This didn't look great before, but at least it added some variety. With other projects like the upcoming Delta Chelsea renos (again, not a bad project it and of itself), the "glassification" of everything downtown taller than three stories will come closer to becoming a reality.

Agreed, the brown building provided some much needed colour variation in a mostly glass CBD.

All I can say is that RBC was, and will be using this building.
IT dept. currently located on Front St. (across from Tridel's 300 Front St. site) will be moving in once the retrofit is done. Their current location will form part of Oxford's MTCC complex vision and actually could be demolished.

Is there a thread on this - I hadn't heard about it.

So many interesting details were revealed with this thread :D 325 Front combined with MTCC is a super huge piece of land, you could fit like 8 One Bloor East's on there!

Back