Toronto 180 Sheppard Avenue East | 25.3m | 6s | HOK

Condo name and website seems rather silly, but Teeple is one of the more interesting architectural firms in the city so the building could be promising.

Last edited:
Glad to see another developer on the forums.

I know this area very well and am doing a few small infill projects in the neighbourhood.
I think a 7 storey development would nice be here--especially by Teeple

How long until we can expect a rendering?

Will these be larger (by average) units than the sorroundings?

monocle

Here is a preliminary rendering.
monocle.png

Attachments

• monocle.png
    monocle.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,883
That is the wrong site. I just called Eyes on Sheppard and they are still operating at 180 Sheppard Ave E. The receptionist also said there is no definite timeline when the condo development may start.

Hmm...another mysterious and under the radar project in the city. Monocle's website is still functioning but their Facebook page hasn't been updated in almost 2 years. Hopefully we'll see it eventually happening here. This area really could use an engaging Teeple design.

Last thing I want to see is transferring of developers and this becoming "Monaco condos" featuring tacky histori-schlock finishes.

This plot of land is directly behind the optometrist. I assumed that plot of land was where Monocle was to be built. If that's not the case, then I have no idea what is going on at that plot of land. It seems like an excavation for a midrise.

monocle.jpg

169 MAPLEHURST AVE Ward 23 - North York
OPA / Rezoning, Site Plan Approval
9 residential townhouses refusal report - appealed to OMB OMB upheld Council's refusal PL061217 dated Nov 28 2007

That property includes 169-181 Maplehurst, Nedmar Enterprises Inc.

Back