Toronto 28 Eastern | 45.4m | 12s | Alterra | Teeple Architects

A few new images via Norm Li's Instagram. Cladding at the top seems to have changed from black to white (good move IMO).

18_eastern_1.jpg
18_eastern_2.jpg
18_eastern_3.jpg

Attachments

• 18_eastern_1.jpg
    18_eastern_1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,079
  • 18_eastern_2.jpg
    18_eastern_2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,136
  • 18_eastern_3.jpg
    18_eastern_3.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 1,071
Update:
Design changes are brewing for a condo proposed at 18 Eastern Avenue in Toronto's Corktown neighbourhood. Located just blocks from the Distillery District, the development was first submitted to the City in September of 2016. Renderings of the complex showed the upper levels with black cladding at the time. Now, new images recently posted to the Instagram account of Norm Li, one of Toronto's premier architectural rendering firms, show that the upper storeys of the development by the Alterra Group of Companies are now being imagined with white cladding.

Pretty sure I saw demolition happening on site a few days ago

Lots to like here, but it's a shame that the heritage building isn't being retained in full or part. And I actually preferred the last iteration over the current one.

The dimensions are shockingly appropriate.

Not sure how I feel about the demolition of the nice red brick building at 18 Eastern. It's recently renovated, too :/

Oh, cr*p. Just looked it up. That is a nice building. The only one of merit on that entire stretch of Eastern between Trinity and Sackville.

Lots to like here, but it's a shame that the heritage building isn't being retained in full or part. And I actually preferred the last iteration over the current one.

The loss of the heritage building is a real minus in what otherwise seems to be a good project. I actually like the new iteration.

I like this new design, but it's too bad they couldn't keep the original (orange) colour into the mix.

I also prefer the terra cotta cladding over the current proposal. Too bad we're getting yet more gray.

Back