Toronto 18 Dalhousie | 175m | 53s | Pemberton | Graziani + Corazza

PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
139 CHURCH ST
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

The redevelopment consists of a mixed-use tall building that incorporates a podium structure with verifying heights from 2 to 6-storeys, with a split-height tower that extends to 28 storeys on the north side and 49 storeys on the south side. Overall, the proposed building has a height of 156.25 metres, inclusive of the mechanical penthouse. The building will contain a total gross floor area of 30,800 square metres, comprised of 30,320 square metres of residential gross floor area and 480 square metres of nonresidential gross floor area.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 18 174573 STE 27 OZ Jun 8, 2018 Under Review

Interesting?
139.PNG

Attachments

• 139.PNG
    139.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,350
On this site it's easy to do all the servicing etc. from the laneway behind the buildings, and not from Church Street. They'd better nail the street frontage along here. It's not the most vibrant city block in its current state but it's varied with different dimensions/types of storefronts.

I don't know what it's supposed to look like, but here is a generic tower, tall on the south side and shorter on the north side:

0c32Bw1.png

Your the best Koops ! thanks for the illustration it give us an idea on how those buildings are going to shadow that church and park area .

This really was to be expected. I would love to see all these pawnbrokers go away.
Looking forward to finding out more details!

This really was to be expected. I would love to see all these pawnbrokers go away.

Right because another Pizza Pizza, Subway etc is just what we need. I like that they are there. Something different and interesting.

I like it too. Bought one very sweet, gently-used electric guitar from Richmond's Trading Post, way back in '81. Still have it. Still kicks all sorts of @ss too.

Unfortunately, the pawn shops will go away. And we'll see more soulless chain dreck pop up in its place. So it goes.

What: Community Consultations for 139-149 Church Street
When: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 between 7:35 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. (times to be confirmed)
Where: Cambridge and Oxford Rooms, Bond Place Hotel, 65 Dundas Street East

What: Community Consultations for 139-149 Church Street
When: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 between 7:35 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. (times to be confirmed)

From K W-T's Ward mailing:

6. Community Consultations for 60-64 Queen Street East and 139-149 Church Street - June 19, 2018

60-64_Queen_E_and_139-149_Church.jpg

The City will be holding a Community Consultation meeting where you can learn more about this application ask questions and share your comments.

60-64 Queen Street East is an application for a zoning by-law amendment for a 54-storey residential tower which would contain 364 dwelling units with a total gross floor area of 26,978 m2. You can read the preliminary report on the application by clicking here.

139-149 Church is a proposed application for a zoning by-law amendment for a 49-storey residential tower which would contain 34 dwelling units with a total gross floor area of 28,805 m2. A formal application has not yet been submitted, but is expected in June 2018.

What: Community Consultations for 60-64 Queen Street East and 139-149 Church Street
When: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. (times to be confirmed)

Times are subject to change, but are currently as follows:
6:30-7:25 pm for 60 Queen Street East application
7:35-8:30 pm for 139-149 Church Street application

To speak to the planner directly, contact Derek Waltho, at 416-392-0412 or Derek.Waltho@toronto.ca. You may mail your comments to the planner at Toronto and East York District, 100 Queen St W Floor 18 E Toronto On, M5H 2N2.

You may also contact Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam, Ward 27, at 416-392-7903. Notice to correspondents: Information will be collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. With the exception of personal information, all comments will become part of the public record.

Our public meeting locations are wheelchair/mobility device accessible. Other reasonable accommodation or assistive services for persons with disabilities may be provided with adequate notice. Please contact Derek Waltho, at 416-392-0412, Derek.Waltho@toronto.ca with your request. The City of Toronto is committed to taking the necessary steps to insure compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.

Right because another Pizza Pizza, Subway etc is just what we need. I like that they are there. Something different and interesting.
A bunch of pawnbrokers makes this section of the street dead. I'll take food establishments over pawnbrokers any day. This is where I live, and it's awful walking past those decrepit pawnshops! (Except McTamney's). Half the time they're not even open. One further down Church has had a closing sign up for so long that the signs have faded, and yet the store is still open. I don't want to see a bunch of corporate crap open up here at the base. But I don't think it would be worse than what's currently here.

Back