Member Bio
Reaction score
New docs up - height is now 54 stories and 173.2m

KHNxeek.png

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Well it's sure different from a lot of crap up there and in though times i say bring it on
i doubt the city will ever have the leverage over a developer that it had before Covid,
where, how, and when, will be a thing of the past if they ever want to secure any new development nowadays

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
This:

KHNxeek.png

is a HUGE step up from this:

139-church-png.147320

I'm not saying that there's nothing to be concerned about, but it looks like we might get curtain wall in the upper section, and the fact that we're not getting that ridiculous wave in the balconies is massively better. Learn to celebrate the victories along the way, and differentiate the gray tones between black and white!

jje1000

Member Bio
Reaction score
I actually don't mind the form- though I think the glass needs to be articulated a bit more lest we end up with that awful suburban-office curtain wall.

I think the strongest designs are on the Northeast and Southeast sides due to the simplicity and the interlocking forms- they should remove the balconies from the Western side as that's the weakest side.

Honestly I'd accept them just rotating the entire building 180 degrees around and calling it a day!

Last edited:

khris

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is a huge improvement from the previous. It's really gonna come down to the materials. There's a couple small things I would refine on it, but nothing major. I like the upper part and how it has no balconies.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
To everyone saying variations on 'this will come down to the materials': when have G+C ever done anything good? They used curtain wall on Aura and it still came out complete dogshit.

Even Kirkor and E.I. Richmond manage to do something passable once in a blue moon. I'm unable to think of a single G+C exception.

Agree - at a fundamental level there is something lacking in their sense of aesthetics and design - it's not merely an issue of being cheap.

AoD

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am seeing those clean shapes all wrapped in gray spamdrel packaging. Why? Because I am pretty sure that's what we will end up with. /le sigh

(I would like to be proven wrong here, though.)