Pickering 1786 & 1790 Liverpool Road | 156.75m | 49s | Chestnut Hill | Kirkor Architects

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
1786 & 1790 Liverpool Road: a proposed 49-storey mixed-use condo & retail building designed by Kirkor Architects for Chestnut Hill Developments (operating as Wildav International Development Limited) on the southwest corner of Liverpool Road and Pickering Parkway in Pickering Town Centre.

One render from the architectural set of July/August 2022:
6.-Architectural-Set-0.jpg

Site plan:
6.-Architectural-Set-03.jpg

Courtesy of @FutureDurham we have a future rendering of Pickering's Skyline, this proposal can be seen behind the trio towers of Vupoint condos:
1667244932293.png

Originally posted here in the Vupoint Condos thread.

I'm branding it 'The Holstein.'

I had time to sit in on the planning and development this evening. Some points mentioned:
  • TD's lease has almost 25 years to go (2047; this affects the northern portion of this property) - plans to keep as is... Unless the branch closes I guess
  • 6 spaces considered for retail parking assuming the remaining existing will cover (I think they also are factoring in 95 visitor parking spaces)
  • No commitment to affordable housing as of yet (not sure what definition we're using given recent Provincial definition changes); 72% of the plan build are 1 bedroom (~500-600 sqft)
  • I believe I heard that the applicant is using the undeveloped TD site and taking unused height there to justify higher build on the one tower? Seems odd but I don't have much insight
  • Some council members are concerned about only 0.55 Parking spaces per unit (wanting more and/or car sharing space)

Back