Toronto 1750 The Queensway | 126.55m | 38s | FIMA Developments | BDP Quadrangle

DJI_0272A.jpg

it's going to get really crazy if the big box ever decides to shift out

would give HBS a run for its money

but this kind of thing would be a long ways off

Why 38s?...this is an area you could build 50s+ 😕

I don't disagree that it would be appropriate to build taller here, but it's not really a big deal in my view. It's isn't as if this is the last plot of land in the area - there's an abundance of very easily developable land around here and I would imagine the density and height will gradually increase as the rest fills out over the years.

Besides, 38 storeys and 2,100+ units is nothing to sneeze at. I'm sure the proponents behind this project have done their due diligence and determined that 38 storeys is a good balance of all relevant considerations i.e. approvals, financing, sales, etc.

Why 38s?...this is an area you could build 50s+ 😕

Why would 50s+ be appropriate for this area?

Just because there's large swaths of land available to be developed around Sherway, doesnt mean that we should automatically start seeing 50s towers being built left, right, and centre. By that logic, we should allow 50+ stories to be built on the Portlands, all over Downsview Park, etc...

Why would 50s+ be appropriate for this area?

Just because there's large swaths of land available to be developed around Sherway, doesnt mean that we should automatically start seeing 50s towers being built left, right, and centre. By that logic, we should allow 50+ stories to be built on the Portlands, all over Downsview Park, etc...

Hmm? dont be snarky haha..., Portlands and Downsview have obstacles around preventing developers to plan too tall
Yeah 50 is just a number, the average person cant notice the difference when looking up,
at one time 35s was tall for Toronto, nowadays 50-60s is the norm, same will .evolve throughout the outskirts of Toronto in the next 5-10 years

The streetcar needs to be extended along a right-of-way along The Queensway out to Sherway Gardens. Maybe splitting the proposed
Lake Shore West LRT from downtown.

993c-Waterfront_transit_TTC-_briefing_v11-01.png

From link.

Maybe even extend the Line 2 terminal from Kipling Station to a new one at Sherway Gardens.
line-2-png.268140

From link.

The streetcar needs to be extended along a right-of-way along The Queensway out to Sherway Gardens. Maybe splitting the proposed
Lake Shore West LRT from downtown.

993c-Waterfront_transit_TTC-_briefing_v11-01.png

From link.

Maybe even extend the Line 2 terminal from Kipling Station to a new one at Sherway Gardens.
line-2-png.268140

From link.
It's really painful to see that openstreetmap pic again when the line and the proposed East Mall station are both in the wrong place. As @innsertnamehere has mentioned, the first image in @Lachlan Holmes' post shows the correct location of the potential subway tunnel that anyone developing in the area has to take into account when developing above it. It will be interesting to see how that plays out here.

I wonder if a station could be fit in the vicinity of the Manstor Rd and N Queen St intersection. It is far enough away from Sherway Gardens, and would be able to support a whole cluster of density.

I wonder if a station could be fit in the vicinity of the Manstor Rd and N Queen St intersection. It is far enough away from Sherway Gardens, and would be able to support a whole cluster of density.

They could always expand Sherway Gardens towards any station in the vicinity, changing the parking lots into something useful, like stores or offices.

Back