Toronto 1745 St Clair West | 39.9m | 11s | Kultura | RAW Design

11 storeys and only 65 units? interesting.

Notable that this apparently includes the small parking lot on the other side of the laneway beside Scoop - I'm interested to see how that is integrated here.

Architect is RAW:

The rendering looks wonderful. I like that the old corner building on Hounslow Heath Road appears to be staying. It'll make for a more varied and less monotonous streetscape.

This looks really nice. I appreciate that all of the developments in this area have different architectural expressions. Similar to what junctionist said, it will help the area from feeling like it was all developed at once.

Ownership and parcel info:

It also includes a portion of the adjacent (to the west) City lane (image taken from this delegated approval form, allowing the Site Plan Application to be made on City property):

Nice simple site plan. The car turning radius into the ramp (northbound to eastbound turn) is a little suspect. There are no vehicular maneuvering diagrams for the cars in the transportation report by GHD from Mississauga (?), only truck. That ramp configuration may be revised.

EDIT: The owner appears to be Antonio Azevedo, a personal injury lawyer. From the application form:

The hydrogeological report also indicates that 59 Project Management, the same project manager for adjacent SCOOP by Greywood, is involved in this one.

Attachments

• 1573163211525.png
    1573163211525.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 398
  • 1573163555078.png
    1573163555078.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 386
  • 1573163792445.png
    1573163792445.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 377
  • 1573163842160.png
    1573163842160.png
    494.3 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
It is a smaller venue for a flea market. Although, I'd imagine the group managing it assessed it to be what was available in the area and for a reasonable price. They'll likely organize the interior to have spaces to allow for rotation of vendors to rent out periodically.

About the building itself, some exterior TLC would have been nice for sure. Even just a new coat of paint on the cornice would've been nice, ideally in a different colour. There's a handful of buildings in the area with nice bones which could use a freshening up. The Heydon House being the most notable one of them all.

it is insane how much this area is changing! a much needed face lift! hopefully we see new businesses/ restaurants/ shops open up along the street

There's a nice looking hair salon called Twentyseven at the SE corner of St. Clair W & Hounslow Heath. And also a good cafe a couple units south, called Hounslow's House. Samba Brazil Eatery closer to Caledonia does well. Also several Vietnamese Pho, Caribbean, Portuguese chicken, and Latin places scattered throughout St. Clair. However that Sidewalk/Qui Pizzeria place wasn't sustainable.

I find engaging retail to be in an incubator stage right now. Some of the older mom and pops are still around, with some vacancies as well especially towards Old Weston Rd. The influx of residents from these new developments should give the area a boost and help improve the overall retail landscape.

There's a nice looking hair salon called Twentyseven at the SE corner of St. Clair W & Hounslow Heath. And also a good cafe a couple units south, called Hounslow's House. Samba Brazil Eatery closer to Caledonia does well. Also several Vietnamese Pho, Caribbean, Portuguese chicken, and Latin places scattered throughout St. Clair. However that Sidewalk/Qui Pizzeria place wasn't sustainable.

I find engaging retail to be in an incubator stage right now. Some of the older mom and pops are still around, with some vacancies as well especially towards Old Weston Rd. The influx of residents from these new developments should give the area a boost and help improve the overall retail landscape.

Absolutely! i've been to most of these places, and there are retail stores that are vacant currently but seem to be in the process of getting filled! i am hoping for some diversity in restaurants and get maybe a new Sushi place/ Shawarma joint, coffee shops, etc... I'd love if we had a board games place around! (i know there is one on St. Clair and Dufferin).

I've been living in the neighborhood for the past 3 years (on Silverthorn) so it's been amazing seeing the change happening!

The area is certainly going through a transformation it just needs time. with all the new condos coming, including this one at 1745 st. clair, and along st. clair it is a great area for Mid town living. All this corner needs is more space and wider lanes as the traffic is tough so once the condos are done it will add more street and foot traffic which will need to be addressed. oh and that Smart track station the city promised.

Curious to see how this project unfolds considering the circumstances. I hope to get my hands on one of these units on St Clair. I am digging the location and it's not too far from my primary residence in the Junction.

Back