Toronto 1637 Bathurst | 20.43m | 4s | Starlight | WZMH

As a current resident of a 3BR (1600 sqft) unit, I note that there are no proposed units any larger that 1350 sqft. How does this comport with the rental housing replacement policy? It does not.

The retaining wall is the finest feature in the neighborhood. An intentional lack of maintenance over the last 15 years (since I have been here) leads to the "drab" characteristics described by the promotional material.

Currently the west face of this property is constituted by large front yards for each of the building; collectively a park space larger than many of the parkets nearby. It is great for dogs, children, and even some gardeners. In the proposal, there will be a sidewalk - on a busy thoroughfare.

The proposed building is not merely ugly, but more importantly, and less subjectively, it does NOT fit into the existing area. There are no other buildings of this size or appearance north of St. Clair, except the new high rises at the St. Clair/Bathurst intersection. The intensification should be limited to the intersection and not allowed to sprawl into this bucolic family space.

CS White

New docs:
Capture0.JPG

This should be among the projects that Starlight have in their pipeline that they plan to start construction by 2024/25:

Reactions: PMT
I wonder if there will be an up zoning for this project as the regulatory climate has changed significantly since this was first proposed. Great to see a response to the governments initiative.

Back