Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

I'm kind of surprised CF haven't set up a marketing website for this yet. Makes me wonder if they've got leases in the works and it just won't be needed.

ProjectEnd, I find that one of the most interesting questions at this point. It's got an expected project start date in 2019 for 1.2 million sq ft and (forgive me if I'm missing something) no tenant announcement nor announcement of how it's being built on spec.

ProjectEnd, I find that one of the most interesting questions at this point. It's got an expected project start date in 2019 for 1.2 million sq ft and (forgive me if I'm missing something) no tenant announcement nor announcement of how it's being built on spec.

Haha...does there owner not count?..Considering the building will be a block away from Bay street, i'm sure it'll get a bunch of bites in the 3 years of construction
CF to welcome Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
The building’s inaugural client is CF’s owner, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, which will relocate their head office from North York to 160 Front Street.

^Ontario teachers pension plan has leased 260k sq ft(22%) of this building so I guess it's not really on spec, it takes like 4 years to build a building so they will probably find more tenants in the time.
edit: u beat me by a minute Automation gallery.

Attempted to add it to the modern skyline:

qcMbZCO.jpg

Last edited:
While I've appreciated the building being different from the Toronto norm, I haven't been totally sold on this design until now. The official renders from the lake and in particular differential's above are really striking. I wish this wasn't going to be eventually mostly blocked from the lake by the similar in massing and materials, but clumsier in shape Union Centre.

Also shout out to 10 York that building has been such a pleasant surprise, looking so distinguished on the skyline.

^ I think it looks right cause it's 240m and 10york is 224m. in the renders u made it appears a wee bit smaller than 10 York because it's not as close to the lake.

I must agree. Initially I thought it looked pretty stubby and stocky and now I'm coming around. It's going to be distinctive in its own right, for better or worse, but I'm OK with that difference. It could have been higher and more slender, sure. But I think it'll grow on me.

Back