Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Looking a little husky? Sorry, Homer Simpson. You're fat.

What happens when you take a design and smoosh it by 20 (?) metres

Well, this design was intended to be 25ish% taller. It was revised shorter. Instead of having AS+GG design a new sleek version for the shorter height, CF probably had some local design firm hire a photographer to compress the original renderings.

But will the building really be that visible from the lake? That surroundings in the pic seems so dated (is that 1 King West I see under construction with the crane peaking out?)

Well, this design was intended to be 25ish% taller. It was revised shorter. Instead of having AS+GG design a new sleek version for the shorter height, CF probably had some local design firm hire a photographer to compress the original renderings.

I dunno if 'sleek' is the adjective I'd use when describing something that's just as dense but only 75% of the height.

I found the angled cladding to be quite interesting. Hopefully this makes it to the final project...

NA46LcQ.jpg

From AS-GG website.

I found the angled cladding to be quite interesting. Hopefully this makes it to the final project...

NA46LcQ.jpg

From AS-GG website.
It's been in the renderings ever since we first saw this design in February 2014, and as it's still there in the Site Plan Application documents, I'm not worried! AS-GG have talked about how every aspect of the design has been weighed for efficiency in terms of thermal performance, in particular the design of the windows!

It's been in the renderings ever since we first saw this design in February 2014, and as it's still there in the Site Plan Application documents, I'm not worried! AS-GG have talked about how every aspect of the design has been weighed for efficiency in terms of thermal performance, in particular the design of the windows!

Knowing it's AS-GG gives me good hope in this one. Especially when there is a concrete goal in mind (in this case efficiency and sustainability). They are one of the firms that simply loves to rise to any challenge (tallest tower many times over being one of them).

Back